ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Alberta Canada ADC #5722721
12/05/16 09:42 PM
12/05/16 09:42 PM
Alberta Canada
N
nsaboutdoorsman Offline OP
trapper
nsaboutdoorsman  Offline OP
trapper
N

Alberta Canada
Hey guys, ive got a call from a family looking for some beaver control, it will be through the ice trapping. they also has a coyote problem that needs thinning out. is there anyone who can help me come up with rates? I was thinking on an initial set up fee, and then a fee per head on the beaver, im not sure to go about the coyotes, i usually use snares, but am not sure how to charge. if im limmited to footholds i will have to check them daily, and am a little over an hour away. I am only on my 3rd year trapping, so i dont feel comfortable charging unless i can solve the problem. please help. the reason i want to take this on is because i lost my normal trapping area, the land owner has loggers in right now.

Re: Alberta Canada ADC [Re: nsaboutdoorsman] #5728131
12/10/16 02:56 AM
12/10/16 02:56 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
If the fur is prime when you trap and you are going to sell the pelts,I'd give the guy a discount in exchange for future trapping rights to his property,considering you stated you lost your only other trapping property.
We usually charge 75 per beaver removed and .45 per km for up to 5 trips return from home to the problem location.Dont know what the going rate would be for coyote,likely about the same would be fair.
Quote him the full price up front then throw out the discounted price for future trapping rights if you like.That is the route I would go,unless it is too far away for you.

Last edited by Boco; 12/10/16 03:00 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Alberta Canada ADC [Re: nsaboutdoorsman] #5730803
12/12/16 12:20 PM
12/12/16 12:20 PM
On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
H
Hutchy Offline
trapper
Hutchy  Offline
trapper
H

On Georgian Bay, Ontario Canad...
Good opportunity for ya, but what damage are they causing under ice?

Or is it just better to take them now under ice in preparation for the damage they will cause come spring? Never thought of a situation where id be doing nuisance work under ice.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread