Wildcrafting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live
Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar
Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting
Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Print Thread
Hop To
Big root? #5652334
09/25/16 08:13 PM
09/25/16 08:13 PM
central pa
D
dirthole90 Offline OP
trapper
dirthole90  Offline OP
trapper
D

central pa
Are there certain criteria at which you would attempt to sell an individual
Ginseng root by itself? Is there a certain weight green or length or age at which it is considered a trophy of sorts? If there is would
You suggest putting it in a jar with the 100 proof vodka until you find a buyer? Thanks in advance .

Re: Big root? [Re: dirthole90] #5654719
09/28/16 01:04 AM
09/28/16 01:04 AM
evansville Indiana age72
don Wolf Offline
trapper
don Wolf  Offline
trapper

evansville Indiana age72
I have a big bunch of trophy Ginseng roots and have offered them to Chinese buyers and American buyers so many times I have lost count.They will always offer to buy the roots but never than a higher price than whatever that piece of root might bring if it is in with a pound of normal Ginseng.
I keep hearing people say they get big bucks for certain roots, but, my Ginseng gets a lot of exposure to the right buyers. Maybe I am one more unlucky son of a gun, but that is pretty much the way my life has gone. Believe me I have tried my best to sell these roots for any kind of a profit margin over and above what the regular price of seng might be, but always get told to throw them in with the barrel of roots and they will buy them. I still own all the trophy roots and quite a large amt. of buyers know I own these roots.
Good luck with selling your trophy roots.

Re: Big root? [Re: dirthole90] #5656133
09/29/16 02:23 PM
09/29/16 02:23 PM
central pa
D
dirthole90 Offline OP
trapper
dirthole90  Offline OP
trapper
D

central pa
Thanks DON,

I do not have any big roots I was just wondering if there was a certain size or weight that made them extraordinary.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread