ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Wooden Armadillo Trap [Re: Barehunter] #3338079
09/24/12 10:45 PM
09/24/12 10:45 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Last night I was able to get into a conversation with Kirk Dekalb on our Animal Trapping 1 Podcast . I cut out his armadillo trapping discussion and you can listen to it here. http://trapperrobb.com/nuisance-wildlife...apping-9232012/

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Wooden Armadillo Trap [Re: Barehunter] #4308868
02/12/14 07:37 AM
02/12/14 07:37 AM
northwest florida
T
Tonymichael Offline
trapper
Tonymichael  Offline
trapper
T

northwest florida
there is a fellow that has taking a thearmadillotrap and used it to construct one with some mosifications and sells them for $60, he then smears a thin coat of mud all inside on walls and around hole on top, then he will put an armadillo in it and leave it in there a few days to scent the mud,now the trap is scented...when it dries out you simply use a spray bottle and mist the mud to remoisten it and activate the scent...the more armadillos you catch the better it works the next time.the only thing I can figure is that it replicates an armadillo burrow

Re: Wooden Armadillo Trap [Re: Barehunter] #5652938
09/26/16 01:04 PM
09/26/16 01:04 PM
Tn
Jerryclower Offline
trapper
Jerryclower  Offline
trapper

Tn
I realize this thread is a few years old.. But.. Wondering if any of you could get a close up picture of the trigger on the wooden double door traps.. I got the single door figured out no problem.. But not exactly sure of the double door trigger. Thanks

Life time member NRA
Life time member TNFA ASSOC.

Re: Wooden Armadillo Trap [Re: Barehunter] #5652998
09/26/16 01:54 PM
09/26/16 01:54 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
I would use a standard trap with wood on bottom. If you get oil or gas or something on the board you just get another board. You get a foreign smell in the wooden trap it is no good for a long while.

Unless the doors are metal after a while they may not be consistent, either.

I have wooden traps with metal guillotine doors. I have been testing for a while.

My assumptions are based on my testing. There are many trap makers that have pan triggers that a board can be placed on the bottom. I am not pushing my stuff. Just trying to help.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread