ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
ADC business #5620197
08/24/16 09:14 PM
08/24/16 09:14 PM
Illinois, US
Seansr Offline OP
trapper
Seansr  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois, US
Windering what you guys do to grow your ADC business as to go from pt to ft? Any advice or tips ate much appreciated.

Trapper for life!
Re: ADC business [Re: Seansr] #5620750
08/25/16 12:59 PM
08/25/16 12:59 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
I put up flyers & cards in every feed store and grocery store and hardware store bulletin board I could find.....and those lil convenience stores in the middle of nowhere.
Also, the local USDA trapper has more than he can handle so got referrals from him, too...ASK YOURS.
List on CL as well.
A website never hurts, but need pix of catches and customer comments, etc.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: ADC business [Re: Seansr] #5621794
08/26/16 09:03 AM
08/26/16 09:03 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
take a on line course in marketing small business.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: ADC business [Re: Seansr] #5622227
08/26/16 06:55 PM
08/26/16 06:55 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Originally Posted By: Seansr
Windering what you guys do to grow your ADC business as to go from pt to ft? Any advice or tips ate much appreciated.

First, you have to be in an area where there enough people that have problems. I am told you need 300,000 in a drive able area.

Re: ADC business [Re: Seansr] #5622383
08/26/16 10:28 PM
08/26/16 10:28 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Seansr

Different for everyone. For me, I have a few clients that have a LOT of work for me. I don't advertise, I don't have any flyers or business cards. Word of mouth only. I have one major client that I've been trapping January - March for him. This year, he wanted me to take on his pig problems. I'd never snared a pig, but I told him I'd take care of it. I've purchased over 3000 ft of cable since July 7th or so, and i started making snares like it was going out of style. I snared the heck out of the pigs in the weeks leading up to his crop harvest. He said it was the least pig damage he'd ever had (since they started causing problems about 10 years ago). He said that he was very pleased, and he said that he'd like me to keep snaring all the way until winter of 2017-2018 if I wanted to do it that long. Of course I probably won't, but he was serious. He wants me to kill as many hogs as possible for him. He's my bread and butter water trapping client also. From word of mouth, I've had several large farmers hire me as their ADC guy too. I have more work than I can stand, I really don't want anymore clients at this time, because I still work a full time job.

I'm always honest, and I'm always trying to help them. They know they can trust me, and I don't let them down. When I see something busted, like a levee or a drainage pipe, I'll either fix it myself or call them to make them aware. It's in a way like the ADC guys that totally take care of customers. Example, hired to remove bats but also fixing the way the bats are getting in.

I absolutely LOVE doing this ADC gig. Love it.

I don't really want small jobs, but I'll take em if it's for a buddy or something. Last year I only took on 1 small job. Beavers were causing problems for my buddy, and I caught 7, and it was a quick job. Other than that, I'm all about the 1 month+ jobs, the ones that really have the volume of critters that my style works best with.

My way is just one of the many ways to do ADC work. Lot of people on Tman have very successful businesses. Mine is just what I prefer.

Good luck!

Re: ADC business [Re: Seansr] #5622958
08/27/16 02:18 PM
08/27/16 02:18 PM
Illinois, US
Seansr Offline OP
trapper
Seansr  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois, US
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback.

Trapper for life!
Re: ADC business [Re: Seansr] #5624369
08/28/16 08:44 PM
08/28/16 08:44 PM
Virginia
K
Kurt in Va Offline
trapper
Kurt in Va  Offline
trapper
K

Virginia
Here is a link to eight different ways for free advertising on the internet, includes local ideas.

http://www.wikihow.com/Advertise-Locally-for-Free-on-the-Internet

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread