ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
PA Nuisance control test #5582144
07/17/16 12:16 AM
07/17/16 12:16 AM
PA
F
Fatdawg Offline OP
trapper
Fatdawg  Offline OP
trapper
F

PA
Has anyone recently taken or have any info Pa nuisance control test? The little that I can find about and talking with my local WCO it's my understanding that the test is pretty hard. Said to be a very high failure rate. Just wondering what I need to study.

I've had two local businesses contact me about being over run with skunks. One of them say they have fox problems as well.
They seem desperate and are making some pretty sweet offers for assistance.

Re: PA Nuisance control test [Re: Fatdawg] #5582206
07/17/16 07:59 AM
07/17/16 07:59 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
I helped to put the test together years ago. You have many areas that you must have some basic knowledge of different target animals, diseases, techniques, sign reading ability, biology of various animals and some ethics information.

You will need to study the manual to help you prepare. If you don't have much background in these areas it will be a good learning curve. There is a high degree of failure on the first exam attempt from my WCO sources. You will just have to keep at it until you get the pass to reach the needed percentage.

Re: PA Nuisance control test [Re: Bob Jameson] #5582320
07/17/16 10:12 AM
07/17/16 10:12 AM
PA
F
Fatdawg Offline OP
trapper
Fatdawg  Offline OP
trapper
F

PA
Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I helped to put the test together years ago. You have many areas that you must have some basic knowledge of different target animals, diseases, techniques, sign reading ability, biology of various animals and some ethics information.

You will need to study the manual to help you prepare. If you don't have much background in these areas it will be a good learning curve. There is a high degree of failure on the first exam attempt from my WCO sources. You will just have to keep at it until you get the pass to reach the needed percentage.

Bob,
Thank you for your reply. My WCO couldn't really tell me a whole lot about the test or process other than the high failure rate.
I have been an avid hunter and trapper close to 30yrs and have studied a bit about most PA game and furbearers.
The diseases and biology parts sounds like something I need to revisit.

Does the PGC provide the manual or study guide? I've been thinking of ordering this book: http://store.nwctp.com/products/core-pri...rogram-for-wcos

Re: PA Nuisance control test [Re: Fatdawg] #5582324
07/17/16 10:15 AM
07/17/16 10:15 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Yes the PGC does provide you with a testing manual upon request.

Re: PA Nuisance control test [Re: Fatdawg] #5582336
07/17/16 10:32 AM
07/17/16 10:32 AM
PA
M
marathonman Offline
trapper
marathonman  Offline
trapper
M

PA
You will need to apply for an application to take the test.Cost 25.00 and the states manual will be sent to you..study,study and then make an appointment to test...Then the other things will fall into place...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread