ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Wanting to start #5542478
06/04/16 02:25 PM
06/04/16 02:25 PM
Maine
C
codytrapper Offline OP
trapper
codytrapper  Offline OP
trapper
C

Maine
Im just getting out of hig school and would really like to work in the field of pest control. Any one here own their own business that is willing to give advise on how to start and get things rolling?

Re: Wanting to start [Re: codytrapper] #5542591
06/04/16 04:01 PM
06/04/16 04:01 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Might consider working for an established Co. for while to learn the ropes first, and to see if the job fits, you'd hate to spend all that cash and sweat to start up, only to go bust or find out you can't stand it.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Wanting to start [Re: codytrapper] #5542631
06/04/16 04:34 PM
06/04/16 04:34 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Online content
trapper
Bob Jameson  Online Content
trapper
B

SW Pa
There are several topics discussing start up business's we have done over the recent years. Do some research and reading in the Archives and I am sure you will find most all of your answers in that material. There is most likely hours of material for you to reference on the subject.

And to what BigBob states.

It takes time to learn, mature and collect equipment over the years to get equipped for our line of work. Might be good if you can get some local experience and do a lot of reading on the subject matter that interests you.

You will be dealing several species of animals so you will need to learn about everyone you plan on providing services for. There is lots to learn and it will take several years to lay your foundation of education and develop some business skills. It will all come with time.

The best to you.

Re: Wanting to start [Re: codytrapper] #5542791
06/04/16 07:50 PM
06/04/16 07:50 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
I would reccommend working with someone for awhile. I jumped in this business at 19. Its way different than I thought and I made some costly mistakes. If I were you I would try and do a ride along or two with a few people, and attend a couple training seminars.

WCT has one in ohio in july, so does NWCOA. Plus there are a few guys whom you could probably ride along with out there.

Re: Wanting to start [Re: codytrapper] #5543378
06/05/16 12:40 PM
06/05/16 12:40 PM
southern ont. canada
B
bob pake Offline
trapper
bob pake  Offline
trapper
B

southern ont. canada
I believe that most people that enter this field have their strengths backwards. Having the skill to manage a successful business, as well as excellent sales abilities are very important. Catching animals can be learned by any one.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread