Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Victor history #5534353
05/26/16 10:51 PM
05/26/16 10:51 PM
Silt, CO
E
eastwood Offline OP
trapper
eastwood  Offline OP
trapper
E

Silt, CO
I have been enjoying learning about different older traps lately and am having trouble finding a good time line to the different features of Onieda traps. I have been getting my hands on a few of the gov't traps and in the process have a few cheaper ones that are close to the old 3n's but are not quite. They have cast jaws, nut in the middle of the bottom and have a big stamping of victor on the pan. Any ideas as to age? value? and history to add to my understanding?

Another trap has a SG stamped in the jaw. Any idea on this? I'm guessing it is someone's personal stamp but not sure.

Last edited by eastwood; 05/26/16 10:52 PM.
Re: Victor history [Re: eastwood] #5534474
05/27/16 01:39 AM
05/27/16 01:39 AM
saskatchewan/canada
lots of mink Offline
trapper
lots of mink  Offline
trapper

saskatchewan/canada
The square rivet on the bottom of the frame lets you know the Onieda Community was the maker of those traps.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector