ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
foam guns #5410859
02/10/16 07:01 PM
02/10/16 07:01 PM
culloden ga
B
bdrooks Offline OP
trapper
bdrooks  Offline OP
trapper
B

culloden ga
first let me start by saying i am not big on using foam for sealing up homes i had rather use caulk.
with that being said i do use pur black foam on some jobs that have deep cracks in blocks or bricks and then go back and seal over the foam with caulk to make it look better. question is do yall like pur black or ipf foam? i am about out of pur black and seen the other has hot spice in it. what are your thoughts?

if it walks swims or flies im after it
Re: foam guns [Re: bdrooks] #5411153
02/10/16 09:24 PM
02/10/16 09:24 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I have enough trouble with my technicians eating the bait. I don't think I want them eating the foam too.

Re: foam guns [Re: bdrooks] #5411183
02/10/16 09:44 PM
02/10/16 09:44 PM
SOUTH CAROLINA
S
SOUTHERN STEEL Offline
trapper
SOUTHERN STEEL  Offline
trapper
S

SOUTH CAROLINA
I have only used the pur black, I use copper stuffit, mostly caulk but use the foam on top because I can trim it with a knife to look like everything around it ( you can paint it to).

Re: foam guns [Re: bdrooks] #5411614
02/11/16 04:18 AM
02/11/16 04:18 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
I like foam, but everything but bats has chewed through it on occasion. The white goes on white, but turns that dark yellow/orange in the sun... A sure call back. The black is easier to hide but easier to chew through. If you can stuff copper into the hole and inject the foam inside the copper its got gap filling properties and resistance. Oddly enough, we've seen some thick silicone chew through this year.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread