Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
BIGELOW 6" #5280778
11/22/15 05:16 PM
11/22/15 05:16 PM
MO
cfowler Offline OP
trapper
cfowler  Offline OP
trapper

MO
I have a buddy who retired from trapping several years ago and he has 11 Bigelow traps he has asked me to sell for him. Would anyone mind giving me an idea of a fair price? I saw where a post said they were worth $25 or $75 with a brass something on them? Not sure what I need to look for and if that was new prices or used. I've looked at the traps and they are in good shape. No pitting, although a couple had some rust where mud on one of the links in the chain wasn't cleaned off before they went into storage a long time ago. All the rest look in very good condition. I'm saying that as a trapper, not a collector. One thing I did notice is that some have heavier double link chain than others. It's all original as far as I can tell. Is there anything going on with the chain difference or was that just a use what they had type thing? Thanks for any help you can give me. Soon as I can determine a fair price I will get them posted to the trap shed.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: BIGELOW 6" [Re: cfowler] #5284203
11/24/15 10:30 PM
11/24/15 10:30 PM
MO
cfowler Offline OP
trapper
cfowler  Offline OP
trapper

MO

this one the trigger and ring are bent a little. this is the only trap that ever caught an animal (coon)

this one the spring arm is broken off

anyone want to help me price these?

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector