The Pen and Quill

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#526128 - 01/18/08 05:27 PM Word processing programs
V3N Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
What is a good program for the writer? I use a microsoft product and from time to time on larger works I get glitches. Blank spots in pages, moved pictures, even over prints.
What do others use?

"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."
Dave Barry

#534040 - 01/22/08 12:33 PM Re: Word processing programs [Re: V3N]
Baer Offline
trapper

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm using Microsoft office 2007. So far it is a major improvement from their previous versions... though you need a somewhat powerful PC to operate the program without 'lag'. Which can be alot more frustrating than glitches. Anyways... A friend of mine uses Corel word perfect, It's a wee bit advanced but really useful for solid compositions.

#566126 - 02/07/08 03:04 PM Re: Word processing programs [Re: Baer]
V3N Offline
trapper

Loc: Indiana
MSWorks has some quirks that drive me nuts.
One of my books has an invisible picture on the 3rd page for example. It is a clip art I removed from the work, that is stuck in the top corner of the page. Somehow it has gotten embedded in the file and won't go away, and only appears when printed.
This is a small niche work that I self publish when requested, so I have left a couple pages blank to take out this darn thing.
I've also opened work to update information and found several clip art scattered at random through the work.
I used to use a Lotus product, but I seemed to be the only one in the world using it.

"There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness."
Dave Barry