ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
How to get started in adc work #5243056
10/24/15 11:13 PM
10/24/15 11:13 PM
Bland Virginia
2 TRAPS Offline OP
trapper
2 TRAPS  Offline OP
trapper

Bland Virginia
Ok guys and gals. I need help getting started in adc work. I have alot of fur trapping seasons under my belt but no adc. Recently got contact with person that's having skunk issues. Contract, pricing, insurance, that's type information i need help with. I think i got enough gear to get started on raccoon skunk, possum and, ground hog. . Expand from there. I have great people skills and from what I'm told that's most of the job. I have a burning desire to make my living trapping and fur trapping is just hobby i wish paid year round.

Thanks for any advice
God bless
Kevin Wimmer

HMC Mfg.
B.E.K TRAP TAG
Re: How to get started in adc work [Re: 2 TRAPS] #5243193
10/25/15 07:00 AM
10/25/15 07:00 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
The first thing you should do is contact your Fish & Game Dept. to find out about licensing.

Then start thinking about your customer base. Population, density and demographics are important. It takes quite a few people to make wildlife control a full time business. Rich and urban folks are going to give you a lot more work than low income and rural folks.

Most insurance agents can work out a contractor liability policy for you. If yours can't, do a search in this forum for insurance and you will get a few names to call.

Pricing will be unique to your area. Talk to people in your trapping or wco association for the going rates in your area.

All that should get you going in the right direction. I'm sure you'll get plenty of imput. Good luck.

Re: How to get started in adc work [Re: 2 TRAPS] #5243261
10/25/15 08:36 AM
10/25/15 08:36 AM
Virginia
K
Kurt in Va Offline
trapper
Kurt in Va  Offline
trapper
K

Virginia
There is a test required for your permit in VA. Contact Mike Fies 540-248-9390 This link will get you to the information for your permit http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/forms/PERM/PERM-nuisance.pdf

Kurt Temple

Re: How to get started in adc work [Re: 2 TRAPS] #5243665
10/25/15 03:25 PM
10/25/15 03:25 PM
Bland Virginia
2 TRAPS Offline OP
trapper
2 TRAPS  Offline OP
trapper

Bland Virginia
Thanks everyone. What are the costs for the permit?

HMC Mfg.
B.E.K TRAP TAG
Re: How to get started in adc work [Re: 2 TRAPS] #5245867
10/27/15 08:54 AM
10/27/15 08:54 AM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline
trapper
Coondog6  Offline
trapper

New Hampshire
Just do it. Knock on doors, have a web presence, and learn from fellow ADC. I have been at it for three years and each year my business has improved. In two more years I hope to be making more than the wife. My wife earns very good money.

Chuck

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread