ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Carbon monoxide for Prairie Dog Control - Opinions #5245090
10/26/15 05:45 PM
10/26/15 05:45 PM
Vernal, Utah, USA
Dan Barnhurst Offline OP
trapper
Dan Barnhurst  Offline OP
trapper

Vernal, Utah, USA
I'm looking for a professional effective means of prairie dog control. Found a simple unit to flood the burrows with carbon monoxide. The owner / manufacturer claims it will flood up to 5000 cubic feet of burrow system within a minute or so and if you run it for five minutes, nothing in the burrows will survive. http://www.gopherheaven.com/.

I'm looking for professional opinions. What do you guys think? Worth $400 to try it?

Sneak the pan under his paw!
Re: Carbon monoxide for Prairie Dog Control - Opinions [Re: Dan Barnhurst] #5245151
10/26/15 06:59 PM
10/26/15 06:59 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
I would talk to your extension agents in UT. They will have someone on staff that can more than address what you are talking about and keep you from wasting time, money and so forth and it is free advice!

Not that there aren't folks on here who have worked on similar scenarios, I'm sure there are though many of the folks on here are eastern or at least east of the MS where these species don't exist.

I can tell you I know folks who have used these kits on their own property for even small colonies and saw the same individuals staring back at them from their mounds just days later....

Just my .02, some extension agents are worth their weight in gold on their subject matter and if you local agent doesn't know someone on their staff in the state will know or know who does.

Re: Carbon monoxide for Prairie Dog Control - Opinions [Re: Dan Barnhurst] #5245308
10/26/15 08:38 PM
10/26/15 08:38 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
There is a lurker on here pretty knowledgeable about the subject. Maybe he will pm you.

Bob Jansma
Re: Carbon monoxide for Prairie Dog Control - Opinions [Re: Dan Barnhurst] #5245666
10/27/15 12:08 AM
10/27/15 12:08 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Bob is right but I've got a question for him. Do you think that all the lurkers on here can turn their computers on and get the right

format themselves or do you think their kids have to do it?

Re: Carbon monoxide for Prairie Dog Control - Opinions [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5247131
10/27/15 11:45 PM
10/27/15 11:45 PM
E Central MO
A
Art Lee Offline
trapper
Art Lee  Offline
trapper
A

E Central MO
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Bob is right but I've got a question for him. Do you think that all the lurkers on here can turn their computers on and get the right

format themselves or do you think their kids have to do it?

Shine on genius

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's easier to pick on rich women than bikers.

http://wildlifecontrolsolutions.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread