Trap Collecting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~

Print Thread
Hop To
Value #5232080
10/15/15 05:34 PM
10/15/15 05:34 PM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline OP
trapper
Wife  Offline OP
trapper
W

NE NE
On page 16 of Robert Nance's "Steel Trap: Antique and Obsolete" there is a picture of a trap that he labeled (I'm going to paraphrase) " Early Hudson Bay - French Design". Can't miss this one! I have one of those and you can read a small #4 stamped on the pan. Its a good size trap, larger than a current #4 in very good shape for that old of a trap. Can someone venture a value?

Re: Value [Re: Wife] #5232103
10/15/15 06:17 PM
10/15/15 06:17 PM
S.W. Oregon,USA
S
snakecollector Offline
trapper
snakecollector  Offline
trapper
S

S.W. Oregon,USA
It is a French design trap, I don't know that I would associate it with Hudson Bay. Value of any trap depends on the condition and how bad someone wants it. I would say $35-50 for that trap unless there is something special about it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  snakecollector