Legislative Alerts

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Topic Options
Hop to:
#3632666 - 02/12/13 09:03 AM Gay rights in Oregon!
Trapper T Offline
trapper

Loc: Oregon
So next year in oregon, they are having a vote to make gay marriage legal! What is this country doing? This isnt the same America as it used to be! Me and my family just might have to move to a different state now confused

#3659428 - 02/23/13 09:36 AM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
waveslider Offline
trapper

Loc: Idaho
Trapper T,
Have you ever sat back and thought to yourself "why are we asking our government, or even our fellow Americans for permission of what we can and cannot consider a "legal" marriage"?

As offensive as some people view Gay Marriage, I view with the same level of disdain the fact that we are even having the discussion. We have become so conditioned that we will fight each other over allowing or not allowing the government to recognize something that it totally not up to them to even have a stake in in the first place! This is exactly what the government wants, we've already conceded the power to the government to make one or the other legal, now its just people fighting over the ideology of the thing. Make no mistake, the government doesn't care who gets married to who, they are ONLY concerned that they maintain the power to choose it for you. Its a shell game and the more you fight "Gay Marriage", the more you actually take away your rights as a citizen. If you don't agree with the ideology of Gay Marriage, then don't use the government as your tool to try and stand in the way, all you're doing is giving up more power to the people who DO NOT share in your disgust.

I don't care if a man wants to marry his cat, that's a personal choice and our government shouldn't have any say in the matter. And certainly they shouldn't be setting up specific financial incentives or penalties (oh, sorry I meant TAXES and REBATES) for marriage.

It funny how so many people in our country are outraged by our government's attempt to manage our healthcare and take away such a personal decision as the one between someone and their doctor and yet we sit here and freely give away to our government the ability to dictate who we can and cannot marry and don't even bat an eye.

Fight the cause, not the symptom. Get the Govt out of the marriage business completely. You know how to do that? Let EVERYTHING in. Let Men marry men, women marry women and anyone can marry their goat. As soon as the government no longer has the exclusivity of being able to choose who's in and who's out, they have lost a lot of their power. We still have the burdensome tax and penalties and I would prefer they exit the marriage business all together but that's for another fight...

#3661734 - 02/24/13 09:11 AM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
Pasadena Offline
trapper

Loc: Ohio,48yrs old,
^^^^

Well put.

#3672209 - 02/28/13 12:40 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
waveslider Offline
trapper

I guess he didn't like the response. Oh well.

#3758823 - 04/13/13 11:59 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
Huntin SD Offline
trapper

Loc: SD 16 y/o
I will let God be the judge of gay marriage.

#3763851 - 04/16/13 10:04 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Huntin SD]
waveslider Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Huntin SD
I will let God be the judge of gay marriage.

Good, then in the meantime maybe you can help keep the GOVt from playing god and let those people do as they please.

#3796842 - 05/11/13 02:53 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
The GilaTrapper Offline
trapper

Loc: Quemado, New Mexico
You have to make a stand some time or you'll fall for everything.. Sounds kind of corny but it's mine and many others opinion. I for one don't want to live in a country where "A man wants to marry his cat", is indulged in his or her perversions. that's MY personal choice. See democracy in action.. I do agree the government shouldn't have a say, I guess let the states decide how twisted their residents can and should do. Then if you don't like it move to another state. IMO

The Steel Toe Two Step.

#3917452 - 07/30/13 05:55 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
cwill Offline
trapper

Loc: maine
Its not so much about the term MARRIAGE for homosexuals / gays, its the thought of same sex persons having relationships just kind of freaks me out to see two men or two women holding hands or kissing, just isnt right.
Right is right
wrong is wrong
and then there is the GRAY area
Just my opinion ( Wait a minute did I hurt someones feeling ,,, I mean RIGHTS )

#4155221 - 12/05/13 02:54 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
Rimrockhunter
Unregistered

Edited by Rimrockhunter (12/08/13 06:54 PM)

#4159594 - 12/07/13 01:32 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Huntin SD]
Rimrockhunter
Unregistered

He

Edited by Rimrockhunter (12/08/13 06:55 PM)

#4451833 - 04/28/14 02:55 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
novasdad Offline
trapper

Loc: kodiak ak
ikm with waveslider,the goverment should get of the marrige buisness,,why should my tax be differnt becouse im singel and renting

#4526662 - 06/19/14 05:19 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
Bent Arrow Offline
trapper

Loc: St.Stephen, SC
State's Rights have been pushed aside time and again before the PC police. A "one size fits all" philosophy the Federal government pushes on the individual states is wrong and it pushes us further toward Marxism.

NTA Life Member

#4996809 - 04/05/15 08:35 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: waveslider]
Sosalty Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Alabamie
Originally Posted By: waveslider
Trapper T,
Have you ever sat back and thought to yourself "why are we asking our government, or even our fellow Americans for permission of what we can and cannot consider a "legal" marriage"?

As offensive as some people view Gay Marriage, I view with the same level of disdain the fact that we are even having the discussion. We have become so conditioned that we will fight each other over allowing or not allowing the government to recognize something that it totally not up to them to even have a stake in in the first place! This is exactly what the government wants, we've already conceded the power to the government to make one or the other legal, now its just people fighting over the ideology of the thing. Make no mistake, the government doesn't care who gets married to who, they are ONLY concerned that they maintain the power to choose it for you. Its a shell game and the more you fight "Gay Marriage", the more you actually take away your rights as a citizen. If you don't agree with the ideology of Gay Marriage, then don't use the government as your tool to try and stand in the way, all you're doing is giving up more power to the people who DO NOT share in your disgust.

I don't care if a man wants to marry his cat, that's a personal choice and our government shouldn't have any say in the matter. And certainly they shouldn't be setting up specific financial incentives or penalties (oh, sorry I meant TAXES and REBATES) for marriage.

It funny how so many people in our country are outraged by our government's attempt to manage our healthcare and take away such a personal decision as the one between someone and their doctor and yet we sit here and freely give away to our government the ability to dictate who we can and cannot marry and don't even bat an eye. +

Fight the cause, not the symptom. Get the Govt out of the marriage business completely. You know how to do that? Let EVERYTHING in. Let Men marry men, women marry women and anyone can marry their goat. As soon as the government no longer has the exclusivity of being able to choose who's in and who's out, they have lost a lot of their power. We still have the burdensome tax and penalties and I would prefer they exit the marriage business all together but that's for another fight...

If this were the reality all would be well. Yet the govt doesn't allow states to do as they choose. Most states passed laws stating marriage is man and women, some even enshrined it in their constitutions. The gays found activists judges and now it's gay marriage in your face. The newly created 'homosexual rights' trump any right to religious exercise of conscience. If it wasn't getting used to trample our way of life, stomping out businesses that won't condone 2 men or 2 women pretending a Godly union, you'd be right but it's not the reality.

#5027170 - 04/26/15 03:35 PM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Trapper T]
Bruce T Offline
trapper

Loc: Northern Maine
I'm never going to support gay marriage and risk losing my soul.

#5224381 - 10/09/15 11:36 AM Re: Gay rights in Oregon! [Re: Bruce T]
Coonslayer123 Offline
trapper

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Amen brother

Moderator:  Drifter, Paul Dobbins