ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trash Talking the Competition [Re: Mike Flick] #5151951
08/08/15 10:26 AM
08/08/15 10:26 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Originally Posted By: Mike Flick
It seems there is a new branch of a franchise in Southern Wi. And the kid running it is not too clued in on friendly competition or how it works. We work together for the most part here. If I cant get to a job in the southern part I send it to a guy who can, and visa versa. This kid isnt underselling, but talking a bunch of cheep trash about every other business out there to his customers. (A sure sign of a rookie) He wont be getting any help from me until he sees the light, and the customers see rite through that drama, and call me back to set the appointment. When you are good, the people can hear the confidence in your tone, and the same the other way too.

Gabby should read this post and it may better help him understand his heroes are braggarts.
Mac

Re: Trash Talking the Competition [Re: Mac] #5151956
08/08/15 10:29 AM
08/08/15 10:29 AM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
If you run your yap and bad mouth folks it turns off a large majority of people. It does me. A lot of the world is "smaller" than it used to be. There may come a time you might "get" or "give" some business.
I know it is hard for a lot of people to understand, it pays to be impeccable with ones word, and it pays to be nice.

Mac

Re: Trash Talking the Competition [Re: Mike Flick] #5152183
08/08/15 02:56 PM
08/08/15 02:56 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
20 years ago, when I first started trapping in this area, there was a trapper that had a section of the county tied up. A neighbor trapper of mine contacted him for me to take my beaver. Fur was of no value (for the beaver), and I was catching for the Bounty. He would meet me every few days and take my beaver minus the tails to use for "coyote bait". That went on for about two years until I was talking to a few farmers at the local gas station. I ask them if they had any beaver I could catch. One farmer spoke up "James Smith catches my beaver", "why he caught 25 in one pond. "I pay him $5 dollars a beaver and the county pays $25". "I saw them on the back of his truck", Charles said.

I ask him "Did they have tails"?

I eventually got "Lying James'" areas to trap but it took over 5 years before the spoof was seen through. Lost a lot of needed income because of him.

He was actually given the title "Lying James" in the county, but his gift of gab was so great he was not shunned.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread