ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Nuts, Bait and Clients #5135446
07/24/15 10:47 PM
07/24/15 10:47 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline OP
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline OP
trapper

New York
Routine. Set a squirrel job. Bait first day, forgot the nose cones, had no luck, then put in 3 positive sets. Got a call late today. You got 2 grays, but then the lady said, "I felt bad and let them go." O.K. Told her I would come up and pick up the traps, no argument. Got there and had a third. They had seen 3. At least she asked for the bill. Just charged her the usual. Had given her a price on the 3 but reduced it for the 2, then got three after all and she wrote me a check for all three. Lets just say, a most unusual household, house falling apart, three older women living there. Whole thing just felt strange. Find a number of really run down places, possum walking through the living room several times, piles of rats. Can't believe how some people live and react to animals. Nothing is a big surprise, just roll with it.

Re: Nuts, Bait and Clients [Re: Jim Comstock] #5135545
07/25/15 12:21 AM
07/25/15 12:21 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
We had a lady yesterday that had a bunch of kids over for a playdate. She had a whiskey barrel in the backyard that was full of bees

(probably yellow jackets) and a bunch of kids got stung. So today she paid us to move the whiskey barrel to the front yard. The guys

were fighting over who got to go. You would think that the barrel was full of whiskey instead of stinging insects. You can't make

this stuff up,

Re: Nuts, Bait and Clients [Re: Jim Comstock] #5135638
07/25/15 07:38 AM
07/25/15 07:38 AM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline OP
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline OP
trapper

New York
As we come to realize, a lot of the "problems" are people problems, tough to solve to say the least, impossible really. The encounter with the squirrel ladies shows just how passionate people are with animals, letting their emotions for animals of all kinds, domestic or wild govern what to the rest of the world would seem like simple common sense. Gives insight into the thought process and what you are dealing with. When hunters try to explain what they do to a vegan, you can see why that brick wall isn't coming down.

A friend in Ohio spoke of women crying as he removed problem animals tearing up her house, amazing. No one likes to kill anything for no reason, disturb wildlife for nothing, but those kind of stories leave many wondering....

Re: Nuts, Bait and Clients [Re: Jim Comstock] #5135641
07/25/15 07:44 AM
07/25/15 07:44 AM
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Northern Illinois
Wrote about this in one of my columns....squirrels and raccoons traveling through lady's nouse...scats everywhere, house/ roof falling apart....then pays me in cash after work was completed....huh?

Re: Nuts, Bait and Clients [Re: Jim Comstock] #5136368
07/25/15 10:14 PM
07/25/15 10:14 PM
Killingly, CT
Brian Mongeau Offline
trapper
Brian Mongeau  Offline
trapper

Killingly, CT
Had a raccoon rip a roof off a 3 1/2 story multi-family. The guy had the roof repaired @ $3,000. A few days later, the coon ripped it apart again, but never got inside. I caught it on the ground near the downspout it was using for a ladder. After all that, the guy was feeding it cookies when I got there. WTH?? Strange folks indeed.

Re: Nuts, Bait and Clients [Re: Jim Comstock] #5136464
07/25/15 11:32 PM
07/25/15 11:32 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Remember the lady that had the squirrel living underneath the brick in her bedroom? You know, the one who baked the antifreeze and

peanut butter pie and put it in her attic. Well she turned us over to the bureau of consumer protection for not catching her squirrel.

I don't know quite how to explain to the bureau that we couldn't catch it because it would crawl underneath the carpet to the front

door and let itself out. Funny, we had the trail cam set up for days and never got any pictures of it either.

Re: Nuts, Bait and Clients [Re: Jim Comstock] #5136585
07/26/15 06:52 AM
07/26/15 06:52 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
And then come the bedbug and roach jobs...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread