ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Maintenance Agreements #5134454
07/24/15 04:02 AM
07/24/15 04:02 AM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Hello again, anyone offer a maintenance plan for beavers, muskrats etc? Questions I have are: Do you charge for an intial eradication and then a monthly maintenance fee? If so, what is the minumum number of months you do it for and are the maintenance contracts transferable from one location to another if one location is beaver free or has dried up etc?

What I'm trying to put together is a monthly maintenance program for my customers(they have mentioned they are interested)that is good for them and profitable for me.My customers are mainly government agencies.Any helpful tips and suggestions would be appreciated.
And before someone mentions it.Some locations here in the south you will never totally eradicate and new beavers are always moving in.It may take 1 month or 6 months, but they always do. Thanks for the help, Dale

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Maintenance Agreements [Re: SGT. C] #5134641
07/24/15 09:38 AM
07/24/15 09:38 AM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
If the price is right why not, pick a per animal price that is right for you, maybe have to use a radius of miles. Say $125 for beavers withi. 10 miles of your city. $175 10-20 miles ect. Ect. Ect. And have it on a they call you when needed basis, not you having to check for activity. Unless they want to pay a fee for you to check known problem areas once a month.

Just use your imagination on what works fro you to give service and make a profit

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Maintenance Agreements [Re: SGT. C] #5134669
07/24/15 09:55 AM
07/24/15 09:55 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
While I agree with Michigan, I understand that dealing with government agencies is like dealing with some kind of alien being from

another planet. We have been fortunate in our dealings with state, city, and local governments in that we have a mutual understanding

and no contracts. As crazy as it seems, we send them a bill and they send us a check. I hope someone who has beaver contracts can

help you out. I'm sure once they get used to you, things will go a lot smoother.

Re: Maintenance Agreements [Re: SGT. C] #5134680
07/24/15 10:08 AM
07/24/15 10:08 AM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Quote:
Some locations here in the south you will never totally eradicate and new beavers are always moving in

Same in the north. If it's a good location, beavers will find it. We even have what's called "historical nuisance beaver site" areas. Although that's a F&G classification, it's the same with towns and individuals. There are some spots that will always attract beavers.

I end each job with a "if you have any more problems, give me a call".

Re: Maintenance Agreements [Re: SGT. C] #5136567
07/26/15 05:08 AM
07/26/15 05:08 AM
Arkansas
A
AR Swampboss Offline
trapper
AR Swampboss  Offline
trapper
A

Arkansas
I would suggest you do initial eradication. Then a monthly or quarterly fee to check and reset traps or clean culverts/ break dams.
If your area is anything like the southern states I've worked. You are wise to stay away from trying to get paid by the beaver. By the hour or by the job is the only way to go IMO

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread