ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5137815
07/27/15 09:14 AM
07/27/15 09:14 AM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
Maybe we need better seat belts? A 5 point harness like a racecar may be overkill, but cause less injury in an impact. My left shoulder isn't the same after a big pile up from 1997

Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5138202
07/27/15 04:17 PM
07/27/15 04:17 PM
Haubstadt, In.
G
G Hanold Offline
trapper
G Hanold  Offline
trapper
G

Haubstadt, In.
Paul, I don't think she'd been injury free. Without the airbags she wouldn't have had the leg bruises, but she'd probably be hospitalized if not for the belts. After 10 years of racing I've had my share of belt bruises. That bruise is from the force of the belt gradually decelerating the body. If it had not been for the belts, she would have impacted another part of the car, probably the steering wheel and windshield, with the same force as the impact of the two vehicles. Belt bruises are a sign that they did their job. I've used for their intended purpose enough to be passionate about their use. Everyone should know the proper placement of the belts too. They just don't go around you, they must be in the right spots to work. If the belt is over the belly the internal organs take the brunt of the impact causing internal injury. The belts should go from hip bone to hip bone below the belly. The bone structure takes a lot bigger impact than the spleen does. The shoulder belt is pretty much self explanatory but still should be between the shoulder joint and the shoulder. I know of women that will wear the belt under their arm as to not wrinkle their clothes. That does two things, it twist the body in an impact, and puts the force of the accident back onto the internal organs. Another thing that ticks me off, is watching young parents with children in booster seats, just put that belt over them as long as it's latched. That belt, especially the one around the waist has to be below the belly, and pulled snug. Any other way and that child might as well be a dash mounted air freshener.
Ok, I'll step down from my soap box now. lol

User formerly known as Hanible.

Trapping &
Removal of
Animal
Pests
Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5138214
07/27/15 04:34 PM
07/27/15 04:34 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Okay, I'm sorry I even mentioned the small belt bruise. I am glad she was wearing her seat belt. The airbags are a whole different

matter. Not a single doctor or nurse could believe that the bruising on her legs was caused by airbags, so obviously this is not the

norm for accidents of this nature.

Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5138261
07/27/15 05:14 PM
07/27/15 05:14 PM
Haubstadt, In.
G
G Hanold Offline
trapper
G Hanold  Offline
trapper
G

Haubstadt, In.
I've heard of quite a few black eyes from airbags but not leg bruising. Almost sounds like she was thrown upward at impact.

User formerly known as Hanible.

Trapping &
Removal of
Animal
Pests
Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5138281
07/27/15 05:33 PM
07/27/15 05:33 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
There's all kinds of defective airbag recalls going on now.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5138303
07/27/15 05:48 PM
07/27/15 05:48 PM
Central Ohio
Dirk Shearer Offline
trapper
Dirk Shearer  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Paul,

Chainsaw purchase was pre wildlife control work. I bought the saw in '82 while in High school and used to cut a lot of wood while I was in college to have some pocket money. Now I heat my house with wood, so I still use it quite a bit!

Dirk E. Shearer, President
The Wildlife Control Company, Inc.
"Cause if you won't put your real name on it, you probably shouldn't hit send"
Re: Is This Crazy Or What? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5138424
07/27/15 07:09 PM
07/27/15 07:09 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Hey that one belongs in the chainsaw hall of fame. I quit using one when I found out that natural gas was not the smell in your

bathroom but something you could heat your home with.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread