ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Our Trip To The Zoo #5118923
07/11/15 12:08 PM
07/11/15 12:08 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Yesterday was my youngest grandson's birthday and our annual family trip to the Milwaukee zoo. Two things stand out; one was the

camel enclosure. Inside, besides the camels, were a whole flock of female peacocks and one huge male. Well, as us males are so apt

to do, this big male could not resist the temptation to show his stuff and he proudly displayed that huge colorful plumage for all

the chicks. This was not lost on one of the camels, who took immediate offense at this wanton display and came running at a pretty

brisk pace and tried to step on the peacock. He actually chased him down into the moat and I enjoyed every second of it. The

second thing was finding two half grown raccoons that were checking out all the crazy zoo visitors from their obvious birth place

under some of those fake rocks by the outside lion enclosure. So here are my son and I making baby raccoon squeals trying to

entice them further out of their hiding place while all the spectators are looking at us like we're nuts. I did take the time to

explain to some of them that we catch raccoons, among other things, for a living. I have to admit that I had just as much fun as

the kids!

Re: Our Trip To The Zoo [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5119413
07/11/15 08:14 PM
07/11/15 08:14 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
Were you trying to coax them In to the lions enclosure?

Last edited by Michigan Trappin; 07/11/15 08:24 PM.

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Our Trip To The Zoo [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5119444
07/11/15 08:37 PM
07/11/15 08:37 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
That pair of lazy lions would expect you to cook and serve them. I think what we were trying to do is get them close enough to grab

them and then get bit in front of the family and a couple thousand strangers. Our minds don't works like normal people and in this

particular circumstance I don't think they were working at all.

Re: Our Trip To The Zoo [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5121370
07/13/15 12:08 PM
07/13/15 12:08 PM
Maine
huntinjunkie Offline
trapper
huntinjunkie  Offline
trapper

Maine
Glad to know im not the only ones who talk to the animals at the zoo!

Re: Our Trip To The Zoo [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5124668
07/15/15 10:55 PM
07/15/15 10:55 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
I've been to the Milwaukee Zoo; Laura and I are Zoo Parents at the (world-famous, FREE!) St. Louis Zoo. If personal experience is any reliable indicator, I'd say
1. Zoos are full of pest wildlife like raccoons, squirrels and house sparrows.
2. Peafowl think they own the place.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread