ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: House sparrows/HOSP trap [Re: GonzoAC] #5123428
07/14/15 10:38 PM
07/14/15 10:38 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I have an elevator trap and it does catch sparrows but some reason more cardinals which I release immediately. In my back yard I use the sparrow sled from WCS and keep several in a large birdcage. When I get a call for sparrows in a building I take one from my cage and put it in the sparrow sled and take it to the store it is very effective. Particularly when there is a single lonely bird. The trap that HD linked to is also very effective in a building. It and the sparrow sled are both more effective coupled with the optional sparrow chirper. The trap door will also capture starlings and robins. The robin seldom gets in a building but dried mealworms are good bait for him. Starlings and sparrows both like bread and or millet seed. Or even water if there is none available. Apples and suet are also very good for starlings.
They want the starling gone and blood could be a problem due to customers. Due to his aggressiveness and coming close to customers a big bore blow gun with stun darts will temporarily disable him allowing you to grab him.
When purple martins are out of your area hang a 12 hole purple marten house near a tree as sparrows don't mind the tree but songbirds do. Put a mouse trap inside each hole. That can be hung in a barn year round. Very effective particularly during the mating season.
An accurate pellet gun, mist nets, and glue traps need to be in your tool box also.
My post went on a tangent primarily about birds in stores but I've done all this typing so I'm posting it.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: House sparrows/HOSP trap [Re: GonzoAC] #5127819
07/18/15 09:16 PM
07/18/15 09:16 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I love posting on Trapperman! 26 years and we never got a sparrow job; all I had to do was say that the sparrows are disappearing

around here and now it looks like a company is interested in sparrow removal. Open mouth, insert foot, get job.

Re: House sparrows/HOSP trap [Re: GonzoAC] #5128583
07/19/15 04:52 PM
07/19/15 04:52 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I didn't get the sparrow job. The manager didn't think they were doing enough damage to warrant removal. Apparently they're all constipated.

Re: House sparrows/HOSP trap [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5131924
07/22/15 02:20 AM
07/22/15 02:20 AM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Hold your cards Paul he's shopping around. If he gets a cheap job he'll be back to get a good job. If people are just starting to try to do something about birds they don't realize the complexity of the solution and can't accept what it cost to do a good job with birds.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread