ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Any New & Interesting Stories? #5098395
06/25/15 07:26 PM
06/25/15 07:26 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Last night I netted another large brown in a bedroom. Which strokes do you guys net most of your bats with; Forehand, Backhand, or

Overhead? Yesterday there was a car-killed fawn lying on the side of the road with its hindquarters partially eaten. Lying next to

the fawn, also car-killed, was a large red fox with deer breath. There's a lesson to be learned here; I'm just not sure what it is.

One of our new guys ran down and netted an injured goose and her one remaining gosling and took them to a rehab center. Amazing

what people will pay us for. And what's with the grass snakes this year? We never get more than 5 jobs in a year and we've got 5

going on this week! So c'mon; you guys must have interesting stuff going on too. I'd rather read your stories than watch some of

the summer garbage that's on TV.

Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5098408
06/25/15 07:33 PM
06/25/15 07:33 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Next bat call that comes in I'll bring my lucky Louisville slugger mini bat, that should make for an interesting story. crazy

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5098465
06/25/15 08:04 PM
06/25/15 08:04 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Same old stuff here Paul, coons and skunk are going strong right now. Yesterday morning got a call for noises coming from the fireplace all night ended up yanking this little fella out of the flue, but this little guy put up one heck of a fight. Ended up releasing him on the landowners property as they requested it be done that way, then capped the flue. Wish I had a compelling story to tell with it but it's just business as usual, but it was nice to see the little guy take off.

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5098657
06/25/15 09:59 PM
06/25/15 09:59 PM
Southern Michigan
Cooner22 Offline
trapper
Cooner22  Offline
trapper

Southern Michigan
Hello Kids, haven't been on here in a while. I've been crazy busy working and getting ready for my graduation open house.

Anyway, One of my customers (Lawn care customer, not ADC) from the city is very concerned about the crops this year, "Because the corn won't be knee high by the 4th of July!"
Also, we've gotten a ton of rain here lately, which means the grass is growing well, but it's to the point where there's standing water in a lot of people's lawns.

"Not everything on the internet can be believed."
-Abraham Lincoln
Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5099464
06/26/15 03:03 PM
06/26/15 03:03 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
What are the chances that I will catch a weasel in the same place, in the same kitchen, that I caught one 5 or 6 years ago? ( The

people aren't sure it is a weasel just like they weren't sure 5 or 6 years ago )

Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5099856
06/26/15 07:23 PM
06/26/15 07:23 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
I've been working a premium multi-million dollar property for a few seasons and have caught numerous moles, armadillos and groundhogs that tear up the show case gardens. I believe the property is 18 acres and of course it's a cleanout every spring/early summer and then on an "on-call basis" through the rest of the year. Anyhow, I went for a trap check and the second trap was on a berm just up from the entry gates. Of course this area is right at the mow line and has become overgrown. From about 40' feet away I could hear growling noises and something banging around in the trap. Upon inspection it was a very agitated groundhog that did not appear very healthy. The trap was staked down well at the den entry on a slope and it had rained so I was having a hard time wrestling it from the weeds, stakes and mud as well as maintaining my balance. Every time I grabbed the handle it tried to attack my hand biting the trap
and continued non-stop spinning around in the trap while snorting and growling. When it didn't come free I went back to the truck and got some rope and a piece of wire. I wired the door up a bit "just in case" as I had never encountered a groundhog that acted like this. I then tied the rope to the cage and drug it out and down to the truck. Upon closer inspection I noticed it had mange and fairly recent bite marks on it's back and neck. I am starting to think it had the onset of rabies. (Of course it was put down) Anyone else encounter one like this?

Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5100230
06/26/15 10:59 PM
06/26/15 10:59 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I think you caught Wudolph the wed-nosed woodchuck. Actually I have caught a couple that acted twice as aggressive as a normal

woodchuck but I never worried about getting bit. I just grab the cage handle and never look down at the animal. The only animal that

ever managed to bite through the cage wire was a mink and when I jerked my hand away his eye tooth broke off in my finger. I kept it

as a souvenir. That cage wire was 1/2 by 1 inch and I was amazed that I got bit. If we ever have a contest to see who got bit by the

largest variety of animals, I want to enter. Oh yeah, I have been bit by a woodchuck and it hurts just about as bad as you would expect.

Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5100330
06/27/15 12:02 AM
06/27/15 12:02 AM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Caught a few that were very ill-tempered but never any as full-on battle-ready as that one. Might have been on crack.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5100922
06/27/15 12:58 PM
06/27/15 12:58 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Dave, if crack makes you ill-tempered, you're snorting the wrong stuff.

Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5100936
06/27/15 01:07 PM
06/27/15 01:07 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
I guess I'll have to talk to my supplier....

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5102413
06/28/15 02:19 PM
06/28/15 02:19 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
This time of the year female opossums are definitely a bargain. I had nine in one cage today ( I think ) but I only charged for one.

I was delighted to find out that opossums were not the only marsupial I have ever caught. I caught someone's escaped pet sugar glider

in an attic years ago and today I found out that they are a marsupial as well. I'm guessing that caging a wombat or a Tasmanian devil

is probably out of the question?

Re: Any New & Interesting Stories? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5102923
06/28/15 08:30 PM
06/28/15 08:30 PM
New Hampshire
anton Offline
trapper
anton  Offline
trapper

New Hampshire
We did have a couple rabid woodchucks here a few years back... charged into a backyard and bit the heck out of a couple of kids-shots and they were fine but they can be rabid.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread