ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Skunk help #5095166
06/23/15 05:25 PM
06/23/15 05:25 PM
southern ont. canada
B
bob pake Offline OP
trapper
bob pake  Offline OP
trapper
B

southern ont. canada
The guys at work have been playing with a skunk for about two and a half weeks. It has a burrow at a side walk edge. The side walk surrounds a in ground pool.
They have put a safeguard over the hole for a positive set as well as a trap baited with sardines very close to the hole.They have done a lot of fencing to make it difficult to not go in the trap .
The skunk digs out from under the safeguard every time, it walks past a baited cage as if it wasn't there.
After things become a oh shucks story I usually get a phone call.
I decided to trench the side walk. Install welded wire below grade and use a one way door.
If the varmint will dig from under a safeguard it will probably dig under welded wire.
It's not going to work is it ????

Re: Skunk help [Re: bob pake] #5095231
06/23/15 06:06 PM
06/23/15 06:06 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Go with a sweet bait. Put the trap in a contractor bag like a cubby set.

Re: Skunk help [Re: bob pake] #5095247
06/23/15 06:17 PM
06/23/15 06:17 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I, for one, will be surprised if what you did will not solve the problem and catch the skunk. One of our new techs had the same

problem and I pretty much told him to do what you did. Caught the skunk the same night and of course it was a lactating female. The

bad news is that they're always harder to catch; the good news is that the young aren't and they always raise the profit margin.

Re: Skunk help [Re: bob pake] #5095351
06/23/15 07:25 PM
06/23/15 07:25 PM
Albany, NY
B
bobsheedy Offline
trapper
bobsheedy  Offline
trapper
B

Albany, NY
I had the same problem. I swear the SW around the pool had tunnels under 3 sides. It was like the carny game--trying to hit the pop-up gopher. The skunk dug in and out --right next to the traps. Marshmallows, vanilla pudding, bacon grease trailing scents--nada. I finally asked the client to wait a week and see if the skunk left with her kits. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by bsheedy; 06/23/15 07:27 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread