ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Doubling Up On Chucks #5083121
06/14/15 12:07 AM
06/14/15 12:07 AM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline OP
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline OP
trapper

New York
I set a chuck spot yesterday, saw some chucks while setting and managed to snag one before leaving in one of 11 den sets. Looked like a pretty good bunch of chucks, holes everywhere, 20 at a glance. Went out mid day today and caught 5, reset, added and changed, done by late afternoon. With nocturnal critters you set during the day, give the animals the night and check the following day, one round each night.

At 8 pm tonight it was cool. I was thinking, these guys are out am/pm, coming out again after I left, two shots at chucks each day if you choose to take advantage of it and want to wrap up a job quickly. So at dark I loaded up again. It was after 9 when I got going so I knew the chucks would be back in the den if not already caught. Had 3 more by 11 pm. Now the traps are clear for am tomorrow am when they will move again, which is almost like gaining a day on the program, getting a "double check" each day. This is feasible where there are a bunch to catch and its not too far from home.

Re: Doubling Up On Chucks [Re: Jim Comstock] #5083125
06/14/15 12:13 AM
06/14/15 12:13 AM
Wyoming
S
Starvalleytrappe Offline
trapper
Starvalleytrappe  Offline
trapper
S

Wyoming
Very nice! Most our chucks are in the woods or on golf courses around here.

By the way your traps are doing well for me. Caught a number of skunks so far

Wyoming fur trader

chrismhcc@yahoo.com
Re: Doubling Up On Chucks [Re: Jim Comstock] #5083812
06/14/15 05:34 PM
06/14/15 05:34 PM
New York
Jim Comstock Offline OP
trapper
Jim Comstock  Offline OP
trapper

New York
Glad the traps worked on the skunks.

Went back agin on the chucks today, 2 more, which should be just about it, 11 in 48 hours. Should be able to pull them tomorrow. Got 5 big ones, 6 small ones, 3 in each litter so far. You know they are not the same litter when you go to transfer one small one with two other small ones and he won't go without persuasion, not family.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread