ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Exotic Vipers #5067509
05/31/15 08:54 PM
05/31/15 08:54 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Anyone have experience with exotic vipers (puff adder, cobra, etc.) A customer has a son who collects them, along with spiders, scorpions and feeder mice. She says he has mental issues, and suddenly vacated his room and has not been heard from for 2 weeks. She called to see if we would go in and clean it out since she is moving.

Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5067547
05/31/15 09:17 PM
05/31/15 09:17 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
No experience at all but that never stopped me before. I can actually picture my wife screaming at me for being a lunatic as I jump

into my van and head for the kids bedroom. I had a friend who owned a small zoo in central Wisconsin. A renter in the Carolinas

skipped town and left a caged jaguar in his room. My friend was called, flew out there and flew back with his jaguar. It was one of

coolest animals in his little zoo and that cat stayed very healthy on a diet of car killed whitetail deer. Go get 'em Phil. ( I guess

you could put me down as a donor if you need blood )

Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #5067749
05/31/15 10:56 PM
05/31/15 10:56 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
No experience at all but that never stopped me before. I can actually picture my wife screaming at me for being a lunatic as I jump

into my van and head for the kids bedroom. I had a friend who owned a small zoo in central Wisconsin. A renter in the Carolinas

skipped town and left a caged jaguar in his room. My friend was called, flew out there and flew back with his jaguar. It was one of

coolest animals in his little zoo and that cat stayed very healthy on a diet of car killed whitetail deer. Go get 'em Phil. ( I guess

you could put me down as a donor if you need blood )

I am just a middleman Paul. I funnel leads to the network I have in PA. One of the people involved is my grandson who actually has a lot of reptile experience and he will not do anything stupid.

ps don't need your blood unless it is some sort of superhero fluid.

Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5067839
06/01/15 01:45 AM
06/01/15 01:45 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
That is actually one of my greatest fears. While snakes don't bother me, I have a very healthy respect for them, and I know all my natives I fear rolling on one and having a what the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) moment with some exotic some fool snuck in.

[Linked Image]
Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5067951
06/01/15 08:06 AM
06/01/15 08:06 AM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline
trapper
Coondog6  Offline
trapper

New Hampshire
Eric Mc Cool he is the expert in exotics.

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5068134
06/01/15 10:29 AM
06/01/15 10:29 AM
Montana
Taximan Offline
trapper
Taximan  Offline
trapper

Montana
Mental issues and highly venomous snakes.There's a recipe for disaster.I haven't handled those exotic venomous species but I would say,I'd want to identify the species first.Puff adders are the fastest striking of all the venomous snakes.They may look lethargic but I would never get within their zone.As far as cobras,I'd want to know if any were spitters.

Keep in mind that the antivenon for those exotics,is in Miami so there can be no mistakes.I would want to have an assistant that could handle himself if they needed to be removed from their cages and I'd only use tongs,no grabbing behind the head.I'm sure it goes without saying that a scouting trip would be in order to find out what,how many and how big are they.Then,where do they go from there?I know if a if freezer euthanised
,they would have some value on the taxidermy market.

There are quite a few herpetologists in PA.Possibly one could be located that has experience handling those species and some may even have an interest in the specimens.

Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5068424
06/01/15 04:01 PM
06/01/15 04:01 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline OP
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline OP
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Thanks all for the good advice.

Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5069621
06/02/15 12:53 PM
06/02/15 12:53 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA
Light match....open door...throw in gas then match. Few less of those snakes in world equals a good thing

Re: Exotic Vipers [Re: Phil Nichols] #5070988
06/03/15 12:35 PM
06/03/15 12:35 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Might check with the local Zoo for advice on handling/disposition. I'd be worried that the Dingbat had let a few of them loose, or that he's laying dead under the bed or something. "JEEZE".

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread