ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
first for me #5064482
05/29/15 09:49 AM
05/29/15 09:49 AM
rhode island
R
ritrapper Offline OP
trapper
ritrapper  Offline OP
trapper
R

rhode island
It has been a very busy maturnal raccoon season here! YesterdayI had a raccoon family living in a dormer. I look in and see two adults peeking out and hear the babies. I positive set the dormer with four comstocks and sure enough, in the morning I had two lactating females. Cut a hole in the attic to access the dormer and pulled out seven babies.
Just wondering if any of you guys have had this before. I've never seen this.

Steve Rouleau
New England Wildlife

http://newildlifesolutions.com/
401-330-8168

Re: first for me [Re: ritrapper] #5064501
05/29/15 10:19 AM
05/29/15 10:19 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Steve, never side by side like that but I did have one in each corner of a living room. Almost certainly sisters, probably born in

the same place. They probably had the same boyfriends, were taught to rob garbage cans together, and both ended up alone and

pregnant, so they decided to share the misery of childbirth and seven whiny kids. My two also had seven. Congratulations! May never

happen again.

Re: first for me [Re: ritrapper] #5064524
05/29/15 10:43 AM
05/29/15 10:43 AM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
Had two families living in the same attic last year going through the same gable vent. The two sets of babies were weeks apart in age.

Bob Jansma
Re: first for me [Re: ritrapper] #5065469
05/30/15 08:42 AM
05/30/15 08:42 AM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline
trapper
T

Mass.
Back in the old days when I did this kind of work, I set a chimney with a chim trap. In the morning I had a female in the trap. So like always I removed the trap and just below it was another adult female waiting. I took the trap and moved away. The other came out with a baby and left. I looked inside the smoke shelf and there were two sets of babies. one on each side about 3 feet apart. Next morning I went back and one set was gone and the other waiting for me to remove. Capped the chimney and never had anything like that again.
Don LaFountain

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread