ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Collarum Users ? #5058071
05/23/15 08:59 PM
05/23/15 08:59 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Hello All ! I've asked about the collarum on other forums but it's more of an adc tool. so I was hoping yall could post some tips and tricks on sets and modifications on it. catch pics would be cool to !
Thanks !

Re: Collarum Users ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #5058543
05/24/15 09:32 AM
05/24/15 09:32 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Wish I could help you out Wolfdog but I haven't caught any in a collarum yet either.

Re: Collarum Users ? [Re: Wolfdog91] #5058597
05/24/15 10:03 AM
05/24/15 10:03 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
I had done some of the initial testing on the first collarum proto types in the early 90's in Arkansas for coyotes. I caught a coyote on the first collarum I set. They are an effective tool once you get on to setting them. You basically set them like any other trap with regards to bedding and camouflaging the cable and thrower.

I cutout a trap bed and also an out line cutout of the cable loop so it was under the ground level then I used buckwheat hulls to cover the general area when my setup was complete. You can also just use sifted dirt as well or what ever ground cover is naturally found in the setting area. Ground conditions when I was testing had freezing temps at night so I opted for the hulls to not have the collarum unit frost down for me.

The biggest problem I ran into was non target animal interest in the pull mechanism that had your bait or lure attached to it. Coon and opossum even deer on occasion would fire or dig at the device making it inoperable. Of course that is with any kind of trapping. Setting other traps to intercept these non target animals is helpful to protect your collarum so it is ready for your target animal.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread