ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Average tech salary?????? #5054073
05/20/15 12:01 AM
05/20/15 12:01 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline OP
trapper
Vinke  Offline OP
trapper

NWWA/AZ
what do you pay

ArZ is 9-12,,,,,,,lol

wa is 15,,,,still laughting

ca is costing me a forture

co,,,,well they are stoned?

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5054090
05/20/15 12:33 AM
05/20/15 12:33 AM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
I don't pay anyone. Training a guy at 15. Don't see any reason I couldn't pay 30-40 for a guy who put in a few years, knows his stuff,loyal, and independent. But I am a believer is paying fair.

Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5054096
05/20/15 12:47 AM
05/20/15 12:47 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Our guys pick their own wages. Everyone gets just about the same jobs and if they want more or less, we try to please them. Everyone

makes thirty percent of the gross and you would not believe the difference in totals at the end of the year. I would not be a bit

surprised to see our two newest techs make more than everyone else. We never limit how much you can make, and yes, there have been

jobs where the technician more made money than the company. Those are usually cases where the customer declared bankruptcy or went to

prison or something like that. The tech still gets paid; it wasn't his fault. And yes, I would have loved to have done this when I

was young. Oh, wait a minute. I am doing this and I have been called immature, so I guess I can't complain. Good question, Vinke.

Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5054118
05/20/15 02:36 AM
05/20/15 02:36 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline OP
trapper
Vinke  Offline OP
trapper

NWWA/AZ
I like the piece rate pricing, keeps the money on a more open field between corporate and employee,,,,but what about that one or two or four guys that pry on the week/widow/orphan,,,,,? I am all about making a nickel but I do have morals....(not the mushroom winkw..)..

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5054147
05/20/15 05:54 AM
05/20/15 05:54 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Here is the big company in the area. They are always looking for people so they probably burn through a lot... Or just advertise non stop for techs like they do for new business.

Pest Control Technician
Catseye Pest Control - Castleton, NY
Great Opportunity with a Fast Growing Company!

Senior Pest Control Technician

Learn About the Job

Catseye Pest Control Technicians are highly trained to handle a variety of pest problems, always delivering the best quality service and spending the time to accommodate the needs of each customer.

No experience necessary, Catseye will fully train and prepare you to become licensed in pest management. Applicants should be in good physical condition to perform services on residential and commercial structures including climbing into attics, basements and crawlspaces. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude that is self-motivated and can work independently.

Applicants must have a valid US driving license and a clean driving record. All new hires receive a drug test and background check. Applicants must be willing to work overtime and Saturdays.

Join the Family

A leader in quality and superior industry standards, Catseye Pest Control is a family-owned business that has serviced residential and commercial institutions for over 25 years. Catseye is one of the nation’s fastest growing pest control companies that puts the protection of family and home first when managing pest infestations.

Dedication and professionalism are the pillars for our successful working environment. If you want to join an energetic company with a fun and goal-oriented culture, then Catseye is the place for you. Teamwork drives our business, as do the people who work for us.

To really understand who we are and what makes us different, check this out: Catseye Pest Control: A Look Inside

What’s in it For You?

A Catseye Pest Control Technician starts at a pay of $14 to $18 an hour, depending on experience level, and will have opportunities to advance within the company. We offer health, vision and dental insurance, matching 401K, life insurance, paid vacation and personal time off. Each pest management professional is equipped with a company vehicle, handheld computer and uniforms.
To learn more about Catseye Pest Control, visit us online at Catseyepest.com.

30+ days ago - save job
» Apply Now
Please review all application instructions before applying to Catseye Pest Control.

Apply Now

Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5054219
05/20/15 08:24 AM
05/20/15 08:24 AM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
It varies based on if the individual is an employee or independent contractor and if they are getting paid per hour, per day, or per job.

For hourly employees, we paid $10 - $25 per hour based on what they were hired to do and their skill level (setting/checking groundhog/raccoon traps stated at $10/hr while bird/bat work started at $20/hr).

For per day individuals, we paid $100 - $250 based on what the job was we needed the help with (these people were also 1099 people and not employees).

For per job (both independent contractors and employees), we'd pay flat rate for bats and birds ($400 - $800+) and 10 - 40% job commission on removal/animal barrier jobs.

Personally, I preferred the per day and per job payments for several reasons with the main one being that when you pay someone per hour, you pay per hour regardless if they are doing billable work or not. But when you pay per day or per job, you can calculate how much billable time is involved and then figure a fair wage based on time and what is required to perform the service. I've also noticed that we never had the same issues getting work done with the per day/job models as we had with the hourly.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5054295
05/20/15 09:55 AM
05/20/15 09:55 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
We don't test for drugs but depending on what you are using, you may be asked to share.

Re: Average tech salary?????? [Re: Vinke] #5055418
05/21/15 11:54 AM
05/21/15 11:54 AM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
I do kind of like the 30% idea Paul.