ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
The gift that keeps on giving #5052352
05/18/15 04:00 PM
05/18/15 04:00 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline OP
trapper
bjansma  Offline OP
trapper
B

Florida
Last year had a guy call me with a raccoon problem. Meet him at this vacant house that needed to be razed. Looked like swiss cheese. Told him it wasn't worth trapping. I shot him a higher price than usual to further discourage him and he took it. Guess who just called me this week? I now have more in trapping fees than the place is worth I am sure.

Had another customer last year who's wife is OCD about raccoon feces. Every time a raccoon would take a dump on their porch I would have to go catch a raccoon and pour boiling water on their porch after the feces were removed. This morning I got a phone call from the same customer a dog went on their driveway and they needed me to clean it up, disinfect. Couldn't trap the dog of course but they paid me for my time anyway.

Got to love the people you meet sometimes.

Bob Jansma
Re: The gift that keeps on giving [Re: bjansma] #5053384
05/19/15 12:33 PM
05/19/15 12:33 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
Went to a trailer this morning that was infested with rats. 1 caught almost 3 regular mouse traps long. 4 sprung rat traps with nothing in them. Looked through the rat hole in a cabinet while checking the traps and saw one pass by the hole. Mouse was cowering in the corner... guy has a little dog and is going through 25 lbs of dog food every 2 weeks. His mattress was moved outside last week and the rats had chewed the stuffing out. I don't know some problems are allowed to get so bad.

Re: The gift that keeps on giving [Re: bjansma] #5054031
05/19/15 11:24 PM
05/19/15 11:24 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Call me a sissy, but I'm not sure I could sleep in a mattress that also has rats living in it.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: The gift that keeps on giving [Re: bjansma] #5054142
05/20/15 05:09 AM
05/20/15 05:09 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY