ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Is your website mobile friendly? #5040923
05/08/15 02:28 PM
05/08/15 02:28 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline OP
trapper
Mike K.  Offline OP
trapper
M

SW Missouri
By now some of you who maintain their own websites have heard that Google is giving better rankings to mobile friendly websites and lowering the rankings of those that don't. I have been following this for a few months and I have included a link with this info in case you want more information or to test your site to see if it is mobile friendly. Likewise, the content must "flow or read well" and be relevant to the search inquiry. Keyword stuffing can penalize your site as well so don't repeat the same things over and over. My site stats reflect the top search terms/phrases and I try to integrate them into my content for better searchability. (And I've seen some very odd search phrases)

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2014/11/helping-users-find-mobile-friendly-pages.html

On another note, I have been reviewing my site stats and found that so far this year approximately 84% of search inquiries have been from Google and the browsers used were 61% Safari and 18% Safari/iPhone, 18% Mozilla with Internet Explorer at less than 2%. As far as operating systems it is pretty much a tie with Windows and Mac. I have both a regular and mobile website which detects the type of device being used and directs it either to the desktop or mobile version as needed. This just goes to show that more searches are being made with mobile devices and if you don't have a mobile friendly site you may be missing out on some potential business.

Re: Is your website mobile friendly? [Re: Mike K.] #5041321
05/08/15 09:22 PM
05/08/15 09:22 PM
Central IA
TRapper Offline
trapper
TRapper  Offline
trapper

Central IA

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread