ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
web page & advertising #5034064
05/02/15 07:44 AM
05/02/15 07:44 AM
N Central Iowa 40+
iayogi17 Offline OP
trapper
iayogi17  Offline OP
trapper

N Central Iowa 40+
so I need to get a web page up and going- do any of you guys have any insight you would be willing to point out like good places to go to get a web page built and so one. also what works for you and your business as far as adverting goes- phone book? flyers? on work truck decals?

Brad Mohr
Re: web page & advertising [Re: iayogi17] #5034154
05/02/15 10:05 AM
05/02/15 10:05 AM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
Lots of different opinions on how to "properly" advertise. Good sites work to a point, I know guys with great websites but can't cover the payment from lack of work, forcing them to pay out of pocket which defeats the purpose. You could spend hundreds to thousands on advertising but if you couldn't trap a cold word of mouth will put an end to it quicker than one would think. That being said, having a site and a few lawn signs has worked very well for me, but word of mouth and being persistent and friendly with the residents I encountered and made conversation with has gotten me a lot more business. Note, while adc is sometimes a primary income for some it isn't for me so I personally don't need to rely as much on advertisements like others do.

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Re: web page & advertising [Re: iayogi17] #5034186
05/02/15 10:33 AM
05/02/15 10:33 AM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
I'm getting ready to build a site through hostgator. I think it will boost calls. I know when I need a service I search the web. Rarley of ever do I look at business cards left at diners or flyersbat gas stations

Re: web page & advertising [Re: iayogi17] #5034240
05/02/15 11:38 AM
05/02/15 11:38 AM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline
trapper
Coondog6  Offline
trapper

New Hampshire
Adverting is tricky. What works in one area of the country doesn't seem to work in my area of the country. I am in my third full year and I have started getting referral business on a more consistent basics. Networking is one area that has started to pay off for me. I have a couple of bug guys that feed me referrals. I pay them 10%. I am working on getting a stronger internet presence. You need a good website, organic advertising, and ad word. They cost but, if done right should more than pay for themselves. I have done ad word wrong and it can cost more than it generates in revenue.

My van is has my business logo it has generated some business. Placing business cards has generated some business, meeting people on line has generated some business.

I have to focus on a lot of avenues of advertising to stay busy. Just one method of advertising doesn't work for my business.

Chuck

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Re: web page & advertising [Re: iayogi17] #5034706
05/02/15 08:12 PM
05/02/15 08:12 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
When I was getting started I had two different owners of wildlife companies tell me almost the same thing: They get about a 1/3 of their business from their website, 1/3 from pest company referrals, and 1/3 from word of mouth/previous customers. The more my business matures I see it heading in that direction. If you are getting 100% of your business from any 1/3 of the hypothetical pie, you are probably neglecting 2/3 of your potential market if your business(wildlife, no bugs) is like mine.

Bob Jansma
Re: web page & advertising [Re: iayogi17] #5035260
05/03/15 11:07 AM
05/03/15 11:07 AM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Ditto all above; one mistake I see is guys who spend mucho bux to get their vehicle "wrapped" and the darn thing is such a cluttered mess you can't read it.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread