Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Distal bicep rupture #4875009
01/24/15 11:44 AM
01/24/15 11:44 AM
Northern Arkansas
Wickerman Offline OP
trapper
Wickerman  Offline OP
trapper

Northern Arkansas
Anyone had a distal bicep rupture? I tore mine back in early October working on a square baler. I had surgery on October 10th. I just got my release from the doctor, and next week will be my last PT appointment. I was just wondering, is this it? Everyone is telling me how great my recovery was, but to be honest I just don't see it. There is nothing that I did before, with no effort at all, that I am able to do now without difficulty. I am shooting pistol left handed now because I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my right hand, that's sad because i was a competition shooter. I am finding that what other people call a 'full' recovery is anything but. It is starting to look like I am a new left hander now.

Re: Distal bicep rupture [Re: Wickerman] #5013966
04/17/15 01:18 PM
04/17/15 01:18 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I have had four rotator cuff surgeries. Two per side beginning about 2001. Each time something was torn completely into, not just chaffed. Each of the four surgeries was done differently. The two open surgeries were cut in the opposite direction. Another surgery involved a screw. The last surgery relocated my bicep to the top of my shoulder I think.

Those are tender operations and you will recover much more quickly once summer comes. I remember complaining to a surgeon once about six months after a procedure and he said "nobody gets well until the first summer". He may have been right.

I was not allowed to shoot a rifle or shotgun so for deer season I purchased a TC pistol and shot left handed. Killed five deer in two years with the pistol. When shooting from a solid rest, I still shoot left handed.

Get well soon. Save some pain pills for your PT sessions.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread