ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Its That Time of Year #4977748
03/24/15 01:59 PM
03/24/15 01:59 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I'm sure most all of us have heard of the spring muskrat mix. That's the time of year that mother nature makes the muskrats go nuts.

They wander around kind of aimlessly looking for new homes and can end up a long way from water, often in window wells. Today I got

a call from one of my commercial accounts to come and pick up a woodchuck. It turned out to be a muskrat that got caught in a cage

that was set for raccoons. I couldn't even figure out where the closest water was. The reason for the spring muskrat mix is to

prevent inbreeding. ( There is also a fall muskrat mix ) On an added note, I got four muskrat jobs yesterday. Four in a week is a

lot; four in a day is a first!

P.S. 34 degrees yesterday and my hip boots had a tear, and my waders and arm length gloves both leaked. Ahchoo!

Re: Its That Time of Year [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4977807
03/24/15 03:13 PM
03/24/15 03:13 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
I've sent 200 mailers for muskrats to lake house owners and no calls yet. I was sure there would be some seawall damage out there

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Its That Time of Year [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4978041
03/24/15 05:51 PM
03/24/15 05:51 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
I didn't know that about muskrats. I just noticed that it is hard to find a given stretch of road by me without a very flat muskrat on it lately. I don't think I got 4 muskrat calls all last year but did have two muskrat in window well calls last week.

Bob Jansma
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread