ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Beavers eating Knockout Roses #4972913
03/21/15 07:20 AM
03/21/15 07:20 AM
Eastern Shore, MD
J
JoMiBru Offline OP
trapper
JoMiBru  Offline OP
trapper
J

Eastern Shore, MD

I have a customer who lives along a river, and has landscaped the river banks. Beavers are wearing out his roses. I am going to trap what I can, but will encourage him to put cages around his rose bushes. Anyone else tried this? Any suggestions? I know the beavers are going to be an ongoing problem for him, because of his location. Thanks. -John

Re: Beavers eating Knockout Roses [Re: JoMiBru] #4972960
03/21/15 08:12 AM
03/21/15 08:12 AM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline
trapper
T

Mass.
This is one of the services we have offered for the 12 years. It works very well. Can't go cheap on the wire fencing.
A fence around the rose bed can work. Yes this will be an on going problem. You could suggest population control in season as an added part of this plan.
We wire wrap trees for town and state parks and lake associations. Always had very good success with this.
Sounds like you have the right idea. Trap and then prevent future problems.
Good luck
Don LaFountain

Re: Beavers eating Knockout Roses [Re: JoMiBru] #4974257
03/22/15 07:08 AM
03/22/15 07:08 AM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
We need special permits to track beaver out of regular season. Check to see if you do also if you go that route.

Re: Beavers eating Knockout Roses [Re: JoMiBru] #4974413
03/22/15 10:05 AM
03/22/15 10:05 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
bad karma Offline
trapper
bad karma  Offline
trapper

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Are you still after those beaver John? Once stuff starts to green up they will usually quit cutting until next fall when the new population shows it's self. Wire will work but can be obnoxious to the owners.
You may have a repeat client, sign them up for yearly service.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread