ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Tablet or lap top? #4957621
03/10/15 07:35 PM
03/10/15 07:35 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
What should I get? I'm going on my 5th year of business
And I'm finally breaking down and getting either a tablet or a
Lap top. I have a I phone that I do all my emailing and such on but
I'm pretty much computer illiterate so for ease of use what is the best?
I need to be able to bring it with me to places that I can connect
To the Internet. Also I would like to be able to hook a printer
Up to it!! What brand are reliable?
Thanks in advance. I need to be able to download a
Pest control program also.

Re: Tablet or lap top? [Re: NE Wildlife] #4957764
03/10/15 08:40 PM
03/10/15 08:40 PM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
If you are going to do any typing it is easier on laptop plus storage for files. printers are now wireless so you can print from phone if you want. I prefer my laptop to the tablets I have. only because that is what I am used to.

Wish I had more time to trap....
Re: Tablet or lap top? [Re: NE Wildlife] #4957815
03/10/15 08:56 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I like my desktop and my 44 inch screen but I have to admit that the whole thing takes up way too much space in the Transit Connect.

Re: Tablet or lap top? [Re: NE Wildlife] #4957817
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Kasey,

Think of a tablet as a giant phone and a laptop as a portable computer. If you plan on mainly running apps, showing pictures, or video a tablet would be the way to go. If you plan on doing billing, estimates, and other business stuff then a laptop is generally better.

You also have the choice now of getting both with the Surface machines. The biggest difference here is that you will still be running the Windows operating system when you have the keyboard disconnected versus the iOS you'd run on an iPad.

As was stated, if you plan to do a lot of typing then I'd go with a laptop or combination like the Surface; however, if you have an iPhone and want to sync files between them as well as iCloud sharing than you'd need to go with the iPad.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Tablet or lap top? [Re: NE Wildlife] #4958562
03/11/15 10:38 AM
03/11/15 10:38 AM
Haubstadt, In.
G
G Hanold Offline
trapper
G Hanold  Offline
trapper
G

Haubstadt, In.
I mainly use a laptop with windows 7, but have a android tablet. With an android app syncing the files between the two was quite simple. I loved it, I'd create a running invoice at the job site and sync it with the rest of the files at home. I have now updated to a combination tablet like the surface, a Asus. It runs on windows 8 and doesn't sync with the laptop. I have to use a cloud service to sync files. I find with it that I end up just waiting until I get home and just use the lap top. I'm currently looking into a NAS (network attached storage), to have my own cloud service for my personal use, it will also store dvd's and blue rays to share among smart TV's etc....

User formerly known as Hanible.

Trapping &
Removal of
Animal
Pests
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread