ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? #4951249
03/06/15 05:24 PM
03/06/15 05:24 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
We had a perfectly normal inquiry about squirrel removal, so we booked the appointment. But when our technician arrived at the

customer's residence, he discovered that "things" were slightly off. She showed them the bricks she kept under her bed because

that's where the squirrel lived and she could hear his tail "swish" against the wall when ever he left. But when he got to the

door he would crawl underneath the carpeting and travel under there. ( Even though the carpeting was nailed down ) He also lived in

the attic so she put apples soaked in kerosene up there. ( Here comes my favorite part ) Since the apples weren't working, she

baked a peanut butter and anti-freeze pie and put that up there too. So how many squirrels are we going to catch on this job?

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4951292
03/06/15 05:40 PM
03/06/15 05:40 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Just the one, but the cops might not like it if you haul her away. LOL

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4951303
03/06/15 05:47 PM
03/06/15 05:47 PM
kent county, MI
B
bluebill Offline
trapper
bluebill  Offline
trapper
B

kent county, MI
Lol big bob

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4951402
03/06/15 06:34 PM
03/06/15 06:34 PM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
We need a thread on the craziest customer you have ever had. Maybe write a book and include all the stories....LOL

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4951906
03/06/15 10:21 PM
03/06/15 10:21 PM
Southwest Michigan
M
Michigan Trappin Offline
trapper
Michigan Trappin  Offline
trapper
M

Southwest Michigan
Dude she has ghosts not squirrels She needs an exorcist!

I had a customer In construction once who needed her plaster repaired because the roofers put so many shingles on it cracked the walls. It wasn't that she was a hoarder that had stacks of books, magazines and newspapers stacked five feet high everywhere except the paths through the house, including the staircase.

Then she said when we came to fix the plaster she wanted us to take off some of the vinyl siding to see if the roofers stole the original yellow pine siding be size it is valuable (they took all the siding off, then the yellow pine then re sheathed it and put the vinyl siding on when she left for the day). Oh and she is sure they switched her door to cause it is only five years old and the one on now has some rust on it. What a wack job.

Then her laser called me to see when I would give home the quote. I said sorry to busy not gonna quote. What a crook he was filing suits that would go no where and taking her money for his services

Last edited by Michigan Trappin; 03/06/15 10:22 PM.

Every day is a gift from GOD, don't waste it!!

If they have plenty of food, give them something interesting to smell
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4952376
03/07/15 09:50 AM
03/07/15 09:50 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I have not had one of those in a long time LOL last one saw smoke coming up from the carpet as the squirrel was chewing!!!! that is while the cop and I are standing there looking at her seeing or hearing nothing LOL I asked in a low voice what are we going to do now. he replied I don't know what your going to do LOL Thank God the sister was there also and I turned it over to her and got out of there with the cop still there.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4953260
03/07/15 08:44 PM
03/07/15 08:44 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

I get one like that every year. Sometimes customers are just so danged creepy I get back in my truck and drive away.

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4953298
03/07/15 09:10 PM
03/07/15 09:10 PM
Nelson Co., KY
S
Sharpbees Offline
trapper
Sharpbees  Offline
trapper
S

Nelson Co., KY
Set a trap, you know there's a squirrel there since you already found the nut! laugh

Of all God's creatures, only the honeybee improves the environment and preys on no other species.
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4953784
03/08/15 07:11 AM
03/08/15 07:11 AM
England. UK
R
roe Offline
trapper
roe  Offline
trapper
R

England. UK
Set a trap, and take a dead squirrel with you. That might sort her head and and you can earn a couple of $$

What doesn't kill us makes us stranger...
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4954094
03/08/15 12:03 PM
03/08/15 12:03 PM
Warren, (Southeast) Texas
ETexTrapper Offline
trapper
ETexTrapper  Offline
trapper

Warren, (Southeast) Texas
Had a man call me one time that wanted me to cage trap some beaver and bring them to his property. He wanted them to "dig him a pond"! Had to explain to him how beaver actually work and just told him I couldn't help him out. He was kinda out there.lol

Jordan ADC and Trap Modification
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4954204
03/08/15 01:08 PM
03/08/15 01:08 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
I had a lady that wanted me to release some
Bats in her house because they would eat the
Flies and Mosquitos that get in her house lol
Takes all kinds to make the world go round!!

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4954585
03/08/15 06:52 PM
03/08/15 06:52 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Way too much typing for me to tell some stories that I have had in my days.

Every now and then you will need to use your major in Psychiatry and know the needed actions to deal with some of these calls. Just comes with our line of work at times.

Just had one last week with a gal who insisted she had a bird mite/microbe issue. Crawling everywhere in the house and on her body.

Three or so companies later she calls us with the same story. You would think after the first 3 service calls she would get to thinking she was nuts like her husband said she was.

Another fruit cake!

The mouse crawling up her kitchen door up across the window pane of the door and leaving invisible foot prints. See the foot prints they are right there cant you see them. Then the mouse opens the refrigerator at night and poops on her baking soda box after it eats her left overs. See, see right there that's its poop on the box top.

I mean you cant make this stuff up.:)

I have carried more then a few dead birds, rodents etc. hidden in a bag or pocket into a job only to miraculously come out with it in a trap or box to try to get some closure in these situations if I feel it applies. I actually charge more for these cases since I have to really think hard as to how to resolve the issue.

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4954660
03/08/15 07:38 PM
03/08/15 07:38 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
This isn't unique to our profession. Once you start dealing with the public you're going to get the crazies. The crazies come in many flavors. Dealing with the public is the best and worst part of this job.

I do enjoy the elderly customers who have invisible birds in their home. I carry 9 volt batteries for those jobs. No charge.

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4954669
03/08/15 07:43 PM
03/08/15 07:43 PM
Tug Hill, New York
A
Albert Burns Offline
trapper
Albert Burns  Offline
trapper
A

Tug Hill, New York
Here is a story about the craziest customer I ever had. He is /was a well respected business owner locally, now passed on, so I don't have a problem telling this. I knew the guy had a drug problem, but never realized how bad, till I went to his home to help remedy a "minor" rat issue. When I got there, his upscale home looked like a combination between a hoarders paradise and a landfill. There was garbage and rotting food everywhere, and in the piles of garbage were dead rats,all in various stages of decomposition, from the D-Con he had been applying. He met me at the door wearing a yellow rain coat and hat, a pair of hip waders, and carrying a pitch fork. This was many year's ago, and when he handed me a handful of Ben Franklins, he had my full attention. I asked him where the live rats were, and he told me "in the ceiling, can't you hear them ?" as he proceeded to run around the room, stabbing the ceiling with that pitchfork, trying to kill them I guess. He was doing a fine job of tearing the sheetrock up.....I knew he was crazy, and wanted to get the heck out of there, but I took his money, so I better make an attempt to help him....I asked him what he wanted me to do, and he asked me to set some coon size cages in the garbage piles in his kitchen, which I did. I also cleaned up the carcasses that were exposed and removed them, and suggested a local pest control company, that could legally apply rodenticides and maintain them, which I could not. We left the cages for about a week, I called and checked with him daily, finally he said he was happy, there was no further problem with the rats, and I could retrieve my cages anytime, which I did. Before leaving he thanked me, gave me a couple more hundreds, and we parted company, never did talk to him again. True story, he was one of the craziest S.O.B's I ever run into in my life, but he sure paid well.

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4954970
03/08/15 10:42 PM
03/08/15 10:42 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Wow, those are mind-boggling. Only thing I can think of right now is the gal who had "crickets" in her 2nd-story stairwell, middle of winter. Smoke alarm, of course.
Had lots and lots of folks who didn't understand what they were dealing with, or exaggerated situations; out-and-out lulu, none come to mind.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4955769
03/09/15 04:24 PM
03/09/15 04:24 PM
NE OH
P
packbasket MD Offline
trapper
packbasket MD  Offline
trapper
P

NE OH
I had a very flamboyant fella call with " some kind of wild animal?" In his basement, his "partner" saw it and it was black and furry and 3-4' long. I wasn't even sure what to load in my truck for this so I at least took a buddy for help right?? Long story short it was a young of the year black squirrel. I was so glad I brought a witness...we laugh all the time about that place.

MD Wildlife Control
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4956029
03/09/15 07:41 PM
03/09/15 07:41 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
Pulled up in a yard to check some mole traps in a nice subdivision I work in. Had a guy come out of a house screaming at me wanting to know what I was doing. Told him checking the mole traps. He wanted to know why I didn't announce myself and told him because I had an arrangement with the homeowner. Well, he kept screaming so I left. Then he called me still screaming, let him vent but he wouldn't calm down. I called the property association president and said I didn't feel comfortable leaving traps in the yard. She said to call the sheriff and go get them which I thought was good advice and did. He was just as agitated in front of the sheriffs but I got my traps and left. A couple of hours later she called me to make sure I was all right. I was fine, why? House was swarming with riot police. Found out later he committed suicide that night.

Bob Jansma
Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4956169
03/09/15 09:00 PM
03/09/15 09:00 PM
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

Dang Bob, did he see your bill? LOL! Some people just cant take a joke.

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4956557
03/10/15 12:18 AM
03/10/15 12:18 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I really detest suicide. The people who kill themselves feel that they're doing everyone they know a favor. If they could attend

their own funerals they would see that they usually just doubled the misery. Not everyone is Adolph Hitler.

Re: Is There Any Way To Tell Ahead Of Time? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4956781
03/10/15 08:52 AM
03/10/15 08:52 AM
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

Having a family member or close friend kill themselves is pretty devastating. My Dad did in 2004. 84 yrs old, ww2 vet, the whole shebang. He had a couple of strokes, and didn't want to be a bother to anyone, so he shot himself with my gun.

I first felt like it couldn't have happened. He was a solid rock, and he couldn't die. The funeral home was surreal. Then I felt angry, at him for robbing my sons of the opportunity to get to know all the stories he had told me. I honestly felt that his close friend had shot him at his request. He was shot 2 times, once in the chest and once in the head. His friend showed up at the house every day and hung out with him, but never showed up at the funeral. What difference does it make? Dead is dead, who cares who pulled the trigger? Looking back, it would take one heck of a strong bond to do that for someone.

Its been almost 11 years now and the sting has gone away. I feel now that the guy lived a good life, worked hard, fought hard, and deserved to go out the way he wanted to. Who was I to criticize the manner in which he did it. Kicking on the floor for a minute, or rotting away staring at a wall for 5 years taking a kazillion meds. I feel like I was being a little (ALLOT) selfish in the early years judging how or when the old boy went. He never feared death, or bullets for that matter. But after seeing what it put me and my family through, I couldn't do that to my kids.The best I can hope for is a quick, sudden death. But until then, live every day like it's your last, and have fun with it!

Last edited by Mike Flick; 03/10/15 09:59 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread