ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Ok, need advice guys #4944844
03/03/15 01:52 PM
03/03/15 01:52 PM
New Jersey
C
cjoutdoors Offline OP
trapper
cjoutdoors  Offline OP
trapper
C

New Jersey
I have a high rise culture exclusion job to price. Guy dosnt want net and honestly the way the building is built I think netting is out anyway. I'm thinking shock track. How far apart should i space the track? The ledge is 36 inches wide and about 130 feet long

Re: Ok, need advice guys [Re: cjoutdoors] #4945359
03/03/15 07:04 PM
03/03/15 07:04 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
call your track supplier to see what they recommend.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Ok, need advice guys [Re: cjoutdoors] #4945364
03/03/15 07:06 PM
03/03/15 07:06 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Offline
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Offline
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
+1

They sure don't want their product to fail.

Re: Ok, need advice guys [Re: cjoutdoors] #4945409
03/03/15 07:32 PM
03/03/15 07:32 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Cj,

You have to at least cover the outer edge at a minimum, the rest is based on how much tolerance for birds your client has.

If these are high rise balcony ledges I'd expect no tolerance due to people and the mess.

Bird barrier and all manufacturers will give you free advice with a quick phone call or email. I typically spread my rows (if multiple are needed) about 3-4" apart for pigeons. That for me is typically close enough together for birds of that size whereas smaller birds can land between less space (sparrows and such).

I'd encourage you to build a relationship with a supplier, they hear and see many scenarios and this advice can save you time, money, frustration and client issues.

You can still do what you like after they advise you and certainly not saying you won't get some thoughts here or from colleagues but a good place to start.

If you want an idea of how many rows sign up for an account with bird barrier it is free and enter in your ledge specs and it will spit out what they recommend that you can at least start from. It's not perfect but a great hel when you are starting to use more products.

Best,

Justin

Last edited by HD_Wildlife; 03/03/15 07:32 PM.
Re: Ok, need advice guys [Re: cjoutdoors] #4945733
03/03/15 09:32 PM
03/03/15 09:32 PM
New Jersey
C
cjoutdoors Offline OP
trapper
cjoutdoors  Offline OP
trapper
C

New Jersey
I fully intend to, as I already have a relationship with birdbarrier. I just figured id ask here because having more than one opinion, esp buy operators around the country is more valuable than only one opinion. This is especially true with a bird (vulture, sorry about the autocorrect in the original post) that isnt nearly as common as a nuisance bird as pigeons or sparrows. thanks for the input HD

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread