Wildcrafting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live
Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar
Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting
Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Print Thread
Hop To
Getting started #4920852
02/18/15 08:00 PM
02/18/15 08:00 PM
central pa
D
dirthole90 Offline OP
trapper
dirthole90  Offline OP
trapper
D

central pa
I would like to start looking for roots,plants, etc. I have a couple questions if you guys don't mind . I live in central Pennsylvania . My questions are as follows: does anyone near central pa buy roots? Are there any workshops or people I could get in touch with to learn from? I know some of these plants if not all are secretive and money makers so I certainly understand if a person doesn't want to give away there secrets. Finally for my selecific geographic locations would you guys be able to give me a couple of ideas of plants I could keep and eye out for? Thank you for your time.

Re: Getting started [Re: dirthole90] #4935830
02/26/15 12:16 PM
02/26/15 12:16 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
you should have sang,bloodroot,goldenseal,black and blue cohash,and many others.the biggest step is finding a good market but they are out there.would recommend buying a good book,and check all laws carefully.guy's into these types of roots such as myself,usually have no problem showing what everything is but hold patches and markets close at heart.

Re: Getting started [Re: dirthole90] #4940436
03/01/15 07:02 AM
03/01/15 07:02 AM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline
trapper

Illinois
Originally Posted By: dirthole90
I would like to start looking for roots,plants, etc. I have a couple questions if you guys don't mind . I live in central Pennsylvania . My questions are as follows: does anyone near central pa buy roots? Are there any workshops or people I could get in touch with to learn from? I know some of these plants if not all are secretive and money makers so I certainly understand if a person doesn't want to give away there secrets. Finally for my selecific geographic locations would you guys be able to give me a couple of ideas of plants I could keep and eye out for? Thank you for your time.

one way to find a possible buyer is to contact your states dnr for a list of ginseng dealears........although the majority of them deal with seng, seal and bloodroot...you might find a few that buys other stuff as well. finding a great field guide will def help.............I suggest petersons field guide to medicinal plants.

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread