ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
a good book for the new (and maybe old) guys #4916498
02/16/15 02:15 PM
02/16/15 02:15 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline OP
trapper
Throw Back  Offline OP
trapper
T

California
Over the next few days I hope to post some things for the newer guys that I found helpful. First thing, its been said and I have said it, in any industry, you better be a better businessman than you are a tradesman. You wont get anywhere if you dont know how to turn a profit, You can catch all the coons in the world and go broke if you dont know the numbers.

This book is a GREAT resource on all things business. Of course it cant replace a college degree, it is a great start up book to get you going in the right directions.

http://www.amazon.com/Start-Your-Own-Business-StartUp-ebook/dp/B004SNPSU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424109936&sr=8-2&keywords=start+your+own+business

Re: a good book for the new (and maybe old) guys [Re: Throw Back] #4918103
02/17/15 11:53 AM
02/17/15 11:53 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Good topic, Throw Back. I just received a brochure called "Starting Your Own Business, Will It Work For You?" Some good points:

Is It Your Passion?
How Do You Feel About Risk?
Are You A Strong Decision Maker?
Can You Be Flexible?
Will You Take Care Of Yourself?

I've gotta admit, if I had to truthfully answer these questions when I started, I'd probably still be working for someone else.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread