ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Mole Business #4902323
02/08/15 10:27 AM
02/08/15 10:27 AM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline OP
trapper
Coondog6  Offline OP
trapper

New Hampshire
Hello All,

I listened to an on line mole podcast and I am now interested in trapping moles.

How many mole traps should I have to start? On a quarter acre yard how many traps on average should be set?

On my other jobs I charge a trip fee, set up fee, and fee per animal. Would this work for moles? If not how should I charge?

Thanks

Chuck

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Re: Mole Business [Re: Coondog6] #4902665
02/08/15 02:15 PM
02/08/15 02:15 PM
wi/mn
T
travellintrapper Offline
trapper
travellintrapper  Offline
trapper
T

wi/mn
how long have you been in business and how many mole calls are you getting currently? I would base the need for number of traps off the volume of calls you are currently getting. if you get 2 calls per year it wouldn't make sense to go out and put $2500 into mole gear. Ive pretty much just let my current needs determine my gear purchases. Gear is easy to get quickly. When the mole calls keep coming then reorder some more gear.

investing in a ton of gear isn't going to bring a single phone call to your office. maybe stick that money you were going to spend on gear into advertising and get the calls coming first.

good luck

Re: Mole Business [Re: Coondog6] #4903485
02/08/15 10:39 PM
02/08/15 10:39 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Online content
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Online Content
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
It really varies on the yard and the issue they have. The average yard gets 4 on the initial setup. I do weekly visits. Followups drop down in the number of sets because there is less activity.

If you charge per mole you'll sell yourself short. My average yard probably has 2 moles, maybe 3. A pair of moles can cause a lot of damage!

The most frustrating thing about mole trapping is when they go to the neighbor's yard and you can't trap them there.

Re: Mole Business [Re: Coondog6] #4904002
02/09/15 09:40 AM
02/09/15 09:40 AM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline OP
trapper
Coondog6  Offline OP
trapper

New Hampshire
This is going to be my third year full time doing ADC work. I have only done one mole job but, I have never advertised for moles.

I feel that it could be profitable because their are a lot of high end properties in the area.

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Re: Mole Business [Re: Coondog6] #4904342
02/09/15 02:22 PM
02/09/15 02:22 PM
Schenectady, NY
E
EatenByLimestone Online content
trapper
EatenByLimestone  Online Content
trapper
E

Schenectady, NY
I want to clarify that it's 4 stations with 2 traps each.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread