ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Pest Control contacts #4899550
02/06/15 12:00 PM
02/06/15 12:00 PM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline OP
trapper
Coondog6  Offline OP
trapper

New Hampshire
Hello All,

I meet a bug guy at a gas station this summer. He approached me and told me that he would give me leads for a cut. He has generated numerous leads.

I wanted to develop more pest control contacts so I called every bug guy in the area. I called and told them that I had a raccoon in my attic. I wanted to see if they had any connection to other adc companies. I called 15 companies and they all had someone to refer me to.

How do I meet these pest control contacts and develop the relationship?

Thanks

Chuck

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Re: Pest Control contacts [Re: Coondog6] #4899583
02/06/15 12:18 PM
02/06/15 12:18 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Chuck, find out if these guys go to any seminars in your area and if so, attend one and introduce yourself. I'm a little surprised

that they don't try to do animals themselves. Practically every pest control company in our area has at least one guy that goes

around screwing up every animal job he can find. When the customer realizes that they've hired a moron, we get the call, catch the

animals, and steal the pest control business. ( That's only fair, right? )

Re: Pest Control contacts [Re: Coondog6] #4899600
02/06/15 12:31 PM
02/06/15 12:31 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
Ask to meet anyway. Just because they have someone doesn't mean they wouldn't take you. I have one that has referred almost all of my business. He HAD another company, they weren't very happy with them though. Also, find out who they reffer and contact those companies. They may not be just animal guys and need someone for overflowing or if they have trouble.

Re: Pest Control contacts [Re: Coondog6] #4899646
02/06/15 01:06 PM
02/06/15 01:06 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
Money talks. I have seen people forget who they refer to pretty quick.

Bob Jansma
Re: Pest Control contacts [Re: Coondog6] #4899655
02/06/15 01:14 PM
02/06/15 01:14 PM
England. UK
R
roe Offline
trapper
roe  Offline
trapper
R

England. UK
I would offer the bug guys a few $$, say you'll give him 20% of the bill or something like that. That might just get you some work. After all, you're never going to lose out as you don't have the work to start with.
I fell lucky about a month ago....i got a phone call from a buddy of mine, he knew another pest controller and he'd been approached by a sports centre with regards moles. Now this other guy lives about twelve miles away and he said it was too far, so i got the number. I never look a gift horse in the mouth, I charged the sports centre $18 a moles, for 51 moles!! Then had a meeting with the guy who runs the place and had him agree to a contract for all pest control on the site for $8330 a year.......I was one happy guy I can tell you...
I guess what I'm trying to say is; don't get lazy, follow every lead if you want work.....if you can get referals then do whatever it takes to get them.....

What doesn't kill us makes us stranger...
Re: Pest Control contacts [Re: Coondog6] #4899789
02/06/15 03:14 PM
02/06/15 03:14 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
Also, they may not offer all you do. You asked them about a raccoon. Is that all you do? Other companies may not do skunks, moles, k9s, bobcat, zebras, bats, and chinchilla, but you will.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread