ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
sparrows #4889968
01/31/15 09:42 PM
01/31/15 09:42 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline OP
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline OP
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I am working on sparrows on a horse barn where I think some modifications to the stall doors and windows changing from jail bar style to covering the bars with expanded metal or something to small for sparrow passage and population reduction.
I tried prebaiting millett in the barn with no luck and from a tree 100 yards away and the ground 25 yards away with no interest. I did make the mistake of buying milo on this attempt.
I set a mist net 1 to 1.5 hours before dark and caught 31 during this period which I plan to do for an entire day next week.
Any suggestions besides avitrol are appreciated.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: sparrows [Re: trapperpaw] #4890011
01/31/15 10:02 PM
01/31/15 10:02 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
last big job we did like this, was for starlings.

we netted of all exits and waited for the starlings to return, ( they come back like a big whirling cloud)then closed the front.

we then hung a funnel trap while the birds we roasting at night. In the morning we harassed them and had 3/4.

it was a dairy situation.

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread