ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
First year of ADC #4887590
01/30/15 05:48 PM
01/30/15 05:48 PM
Hubbard , Ohio
H
Honeydog Offline OP
trapper
Honeydog  Offline OP
trapper
H

Hubbard , Ohio
I just completed my first year doing ADC work commercially. I would like to thank everyone on here for the knowledge and insight that I have picked up from you. I have fur trapped for 50 years but ADC work is truly a whole different ball game. Paul , I thank you for the subscription to WCT magazine and for your humor and your very educational posts. You are truly a good man. I will be doing things a lot different in 2015 , including charging more and being more selective in the jobs I take. I have met some wonderful people and had a lot of interesting and humorous experiences. One of the funniest was : In late summer my 2007 Tundra broke a valve spring [ the first problem in 180,000 miles ] and went into the shop for 4 days. I had to use my wife's BRAND NEW 2014 Chevy Equinox. The only thing she said to me as I was leaving the first day was " Do not put a skunk in my car! " . Of course , at my first stop I had a skunk in a 9 x 11 x 24 Comstock with a metal Comstock cover. I could not euthanize him at that location. I covered the trap with a beach towel , put it in a plastic tote , sealed the lid with duct tape , wrapped the tote in plastic sheeting and taped it again. My next stop was a beaver job in a more remote location. I decided to euthanize the skunk. I took the trap out of the tote , set it on the ground , and removed the towel. The skunk was acting very calm. I started back to the car to get something, and he sprayed out the back of the trap. I was down wind and so was the car , [ with the windows open ]. Stupid , stupid , stupid! I wasn't sure if I had been sprayed or if it was just fumes in my clothes and the car . I took care of the skunk and hid the trap and other stuff in the brush. Then I stripped off my clothes , socks , and shoes , and drove home in my tighty whities. When I walked in the house , my wife just stared at me , horrified. I said " Don't say a word. Where is the Fabreeze ? " Turned out , the car aired out in a day and my clothes in about a week . Funny thing , she was mad as a hornet for three days but now , only a few months later , she tells the story every chance she gets and laughs like it's the funniest thing that ever happened to her. So goes my life as a ADC trapper!

Re: First year of ADC [Re: Honeydog] #4887602
01/30/15 05:54 PM
01/30/15 05:54 PM
Hubbard , Ohio
H
Honeydog Offline OP
trapper
Honeydog  Offline OP
trapper
H

Hubbard , Ohio
I would also like to thank Coonwacka for the advice and the referrals.

Re: First year of ADC [Re: Honeydog] #4887633
01/30/15 06:11 PM
01/30/15 06:11 PM
Collierville Tennessee
P
patriot_trapper Offline
trapper
patriot_trapper  Offline
trapper
P

Collierville Tennessee
Good for you Honeydog! That made me laugh so hard!!! I am starting out new this year myself.

Re: First year of ADC [Re: Honeydog] #4887653
01/30/15 06:22 PM
01/30/15 06:22 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
My wife can tell just by the odor how big the skunk was, if it shot a stream or a mist, and if I caught it on purpose or by accident.

Re: First year of ADC [Re: Honeydog] #4887845
01/30/15 08:09 PM
01/30/15 08:09 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
My first year as well. Lucky for me it was a rental I put the skunk in and not her brand new car.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread