ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
need some help #4873556
01/23/15 02:11 PM
01/23/15 02:11 PM
Cumbria England
C
coney catcher Offline OP
trapper
coney catcher  Offline OP
trapper
C

Cumbria England
Here's one i think Mr Whinkleman might be able to help me with, i now have so much work on that i am struggling to get round it all, and i am thinking of taking someone on, i dont want to train someone up and then later on they go and start on there own and take customers from me.
My daughter is keen as mustard to come and work for me, she is used to what i do and is not bothered by dead animals etc, and she also wants to help build up the business she is 28 so not a kid, one big pluss is she is great at the dreaded paper work and chasing customers for money.

just wondered what you thought.

Brian

also she is a lot better looking than me which might help

A mans heart hardens and grows cold when away from nature
Re: need some help [Re: coney catcher] #4873605
01/23/15 02:58 PM
01/23/15 02:58 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Brian, please don't hire her. She sounds perfect for us and her English accent would be a definite plus. How much is a ticket from

Cumbria to Milwaukee?

Re: need some help [Re: coney catcher] #4873755
01/23/15 05:09 PM
01/23/15 05:09 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted By: coney catcher
she is a lot better looking than me which might help

This post is worthless without pic's!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: need some help [Re: coney catcher] #4874117
01/23/15 09:06 PM
01/23/15 09:06 PM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Brian,

Focus on what you can control and ignore what can happen. I know of operators that have had family members do exactly what you're concerned about and I've had employees try to do the same thing. Check you laws and see what kind of protection you have as the business owner. On this side of the pond, some states allow for noncompetes that can protect the owner while other states do not. I'm not familiar enough with your laws to even guess if you have the same rights to protect your client base and work area or not to really give more of a comment than this.

By starting with knowing what your rights are, you can make the best decision for your business.

PS: If you do any air gun shooting, can you email your laws/rules? I've heard about the 12 fpe for hunting, but I've also seen video's where they are shooting .30 caliber which will give a lot more than the 12 fpe.

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: need some help [Re: coney catcher] #4875302
01/24/15 03:37 PM
01/24/15 03:37 PM
Cumbria England
C
coney catcher Offline OP
trapper
coney catcher  Offline OP
trapper
C

Cumbria England
Eric

I use a airgun a lot for work, rabbits, squirrels, pigeons,jackdaws and norway rats. you are rite about the 12fpe, above that you need a firearms cert.
I have actually shot a 30cal which was at 70 fpe. Off the shelf air rifles usually are at 11.5 fpe because different pellets can produce different velocity's
I use a 22 and a 177 but maximum range for bothwith a head shot is 30 yds

Brian

A mans heart hardens and grows cold when away from nature
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread