ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Proposed rule in New Hampshire #4846849
01/09/15 10:20 AM
01/09/15 10:20 AM
Lexington, KY
Tacoman Offline OP
trapper
Tacoman  Offline OP
trapper

Lexington, KY
Thought this was worth sharing to protect any of our folks in NH, and to be aware it could well be a trend starting. NH is proposing rules to ban the use of drones, smart rifles, and live-action cameras (those that email or text you) for hunting as they say it violates the principles of fair chase. Regardless of opinions on this for hunting, my concern is that should this go forward an exemption needs to exist for wildlife control operators so these valuable tools aren't lost in our realm where fair chase is irrelevant. The link below provides more info and how to submit comment.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/14207630577cmb88szyq2

Re: Proposed rule in New Hampshire [Re: Tacoman] #4846926
01/09/15 11:07 AM
01/09/15 11:07 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Many states already have those rules with proper exemptions. Just be sure someone is talking to the regulators.

[Linked Image]
Re: Proposed rule in New Hampshire [Re: Tacoman] #4846939
01/09/15 11:16 AM
01/09/15 11:16 AM
Lexington, KY
Tacoman Offline OP
trapper
Tacoman  Offline OP
trapper

Lexington, KY
Absolutely, just need to ensure proper exemptions are provided, and as the proposed rule reads presently they are not. Below are the comments I've submitted:

I am writing to submit comment on the proposed rule to adopt Fis 312 to regulate the method and manner of taking wildlife with respect to emerging technologies. I am only commenting in regards to private wildlife control operators and not how this rule will affect typical sportsmen.

The proposed rule as written is clear with “no person shall…” language and does not expressly provide for any exemptions. I urge you to consider exempting private wildlife control operators whose job it is to professionally resolve wildlife issues as quickly, safely, and ethically as possible without regard to fair chase in protection of people, property, and natural resources. Consider not inadvertently and without reason restricting these tools from private wildlife control operators who can safely use them to the mutual benefit of people and wildlife. For example, I know operators who utilize live-action game cameras at sensitive trap locations so that they can respond to a captured animal immediately, promoting humane capture and exemplifying an action in the interest of public safety and values.

Thank you for your consideration of my comments.

Re: Proposed rule in New Hampshire [Re: Tacoman] #4846949
01/09/15 11:21 AM
01/09/15 11:21 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Okay, I know what a drone is and we are looking into the camera/phone thing, but what is a smart rifle? My rifles seem just as dumb

as the operator.

Re: Proposed rule in New Hampshire [Re: Tacoman] #4847508
01/09/15 04:26 PM
01/09/15 04:26 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Paul, most of these laws are a reaction to a high fence operation offering "internet hunts" a few years back. They had a rifle mounted on a remote controlled gimbal mount with cameras that allowed any person with computer access to remotely fire the weapon. They then baited the deer into range of the weapon.

[Linked Image]
Re: Proposed rule in New Hampshire [Re: Tacoman] #4848472
01/10/15 12:18 AM
01/10/15 12:18 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
David, that is freaken crazy. I never heard of that and I'm glad. Of course, then the evil part of my mind kicked in and now I'm

wondering if that set-up could be used to nail some of the overseas lunatics that bomb school buses and other non-combatants.

Re: Proposed rule in New Hampshire [Re: Tacoman] #4853375
01/12/15 03:44 PM
01/12/15 03:44 PM
Lexington, KY
Tacoman Offline OP
trapper
Tacoman  Offline OP
trapper

Lexington, KY
Yep, the "internet hunting" was a hot button issue a few years ago, but I don't think that's what NH is presently targeting. Here's an example of the sort of smart phone riflescope technology that's emerging:

http://www.inteliscopes.com

But, again this is the kind of stuff that holds tremendous value for wildlife control operators and we need to make sure proper exemptions are included.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread