ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
NWCOA is this industry standards? Where you been?? #4808000
12/20/14 06:35 PM
12/20/14 06:35 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline OP
trapper
NV man  Offline OP
trapper
N

NV, USA
Where do you stand NWCOA??? USDA APHIS Wildlife Services is exempt from checking traps within 96 hrs (4 days), do you support this?

NRS 503.570  Minimum visitation of traps, snares and similar devices not designed to cause immediate death; removal of mammals; regulations.
1.  A person taking or causing to be taken wild mammals by means of traps, snares or similar devices which do not, or are not designed to, cause immediate death to the mammals, shall, if the traps, snares or similar devices are placed or set to take mammals, visit or cause to be visited each trap, snare or similar device at a frequency specified in regulations adopted by the Commission pursuant to subsection 3 during all of the time the trap, snare or similar device is placed, set or used to take wild mammals, and remove therefrom any mammals caught therein.
2.  The provisions of subsection 1 do not apply to employees of the State Department of Agriculture or the United States Department of Agriculture when acting in their official capacities.
3.  The Commission shall adopt regulations setting forth the frequency at which a person who takes or causes to be taken wild mammals by means of traps, snares or similar devices which do not, or are not designed to, cause immediate death to the mammals must visit a trap, snare or similar device. The regulations must require the person to visit a trap, snare or similar device at least once each 96 hours. In adopting the regulations, the Commission shall consider requiring a trap, snare or similar device placed in close proximity to a populated or heavily used area by persons to be visited more frequently than a trap, snare or similar device which is not placed in close proximity to such an area.

I believe the fact that WS doesn't check traps within 4 days makes our industry look bad. WS checks traps maybe once a week and in many cases only once a month. I would like NWCOA support in changing the above legislation in NV, to improve our industry. The question is will NCWOA help fix this problem? Do they truly care about our industry? Is NWCOA worth any investment of our time?

"Our nation's health is dependent on local industry and commerce."
Re: NWCOA is this industry standards? Where you been?? [Re: NV man] #4808512
12/20/14 10:41 PM
12/20/14 10:41 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
2 things, I am not the usual representative from NWCOA. Wildife services is a government run agency. NWCOA is not. Are you an active member of NWCOA? Instead of just posting on trapperman, please contact one of us board members to have this concern tabled for discussion.
Contact me via PM and we can talk more.

Is NWCOA worth your time, investment? Yes, of course it is. By being an active member and a business man you can learn a great wealth of knowledge from other Industry leaders in this line of work.

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: NWCOA is this industry standards? Where you been?? [Re: NV man] #4808695
12/21/14 12:09 AM
12/21/14 12:09 AM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
I would think the question posed would be more suitable for your state's DNR or Fish and Wildlife or whoever is in charge of rules and regulations and enforcement. NWCOA has no control over rule enforcement of a Federal Agency? I would have your state look into it first and foremost.

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: NWCOA is this industry standards? Where you been?? [Re: NV man] #4808958
12/21/14 07:43 AM
12/21/14 07:43 AM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline OP
trapper
NV man  Offline OP
trapper
N

NV, USA
I'll contact you Bud.

I'm pretty sure NWCOA does have a responsibility to help insure ws is held to industry standards... That whole for the people, by the people thing. A good point to go to the state agency that actually partners with WS though. I've already done so, but they are waiting for additional political pressure to do much about it. Anyhow, I would like the support to change this legislation, before HSUS changes it for us. (They have an office in Reno.)

"Our nation's health is dependent on local industry and commerce."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread