Wildcrafting

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~Trapperman.com Live
Trap Chat~Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar
Photo Gallery~Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Wildcrafting
Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulator Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Print Thread
Hop To
Protecting Your Seng Patches #4792926
12/12/14 02:38 PM
12/12/14 02:38 PM
SE Ohio
C
ChadC Offline OP
trapper
ChadC  Offline OP
trapper
C

SE Ohio
Seng poaching is very common in my parts. It's been recommended that I cut my plants off at the ground just prior to "poaching season," which starts about October 1.

Will seng survive and continue to grow year after year if it's being chopped off at the ground every year?

NTA.......OSTA.......NRA
Re: Protecting Your Seng Patches [Re: ChadC] #4793412
12/12/14 07:54 PM
12/12/14 07:54 PM
pennsylvania
P
panax hunter Offline
trapper
panax hunter  Offline
trapper
P

pennsylvania
yes they will, as long as you do it after there bud has formed. i do it to to a couple patches after the berries turn red, that can be seen from the trail. when they turn yellow you can see then for over 100 yards. but poachers dont care whe
at time of the year it is. i lost several thousand this summer. i checked the patch on july 4th and it was raped of everything. they were all 3 year old. sad. dont know what they are going to do with them, way to small and young to sell.

Re: Protecting Your Seng Patches [Re: ChadC] #4800022
12/16/14 12:57 PM
12/16/14 12:57 PM

K
ky canine man
Unregistered
ky canine man
Unregistered
K

Originally Posted By: ChadC
Seng poaching is very common in my parts. It's been recommended that I cut my plants off at the ground just prior to "poaching season," which starts about October 1.

Will seng survive and continue to grow year after year if it's being chopped off at the ground every year?

You would be suprised on how early the scumbag poachers start, I would guess around mid june, if not earlier, good luck.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread