ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
New state Association #4796955
12/14/14 09:10 PM
12/14/14 09:10 PM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline OP
trapper
T

Mass.
Hi all
I just want to put this out there. We have a new state association starting here in the Bay State. The old association known as MAPAC was shut down about 7 years ago. A quick history note here. MAPAC and Mass. Trappers Association didn't get along (putting it mildly). The leadership of MTA at that time were not willing to work with us or anyone for that matter. Since the end of MAPAC the MTA leadership has changed. I was contacted by the board about working together to revamp MAPAC so we could have a united voice. There are to many reasons why MAPAC can't be restarted most of it is taxes and back filings needed. Along the way I was also contacted by New England Pest Managements Wildlife Committee as well. So that's the long story. Now the outcome
We filed paperwork for a new association for Wildlife Control Operators. The board will be made up with a majority of wildlife controllers along with a member of NPMA and MTA. This way we will work together for the common good. The new associations state papers are filed and all the other paper work is going through our lawyer and accountant at this time.
This is the first notice to anyone and I hope Mass operators here will pass the info along.
I will keep this updated as we progress.
Please Welcome the
Mass. Wildlife Control Operators Association.
Thank you
Don LaFountain

Re: New state Association [Re: Trapper Don] #4797201
12/14/14 10:27 PM
12/14/14 10:27 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Good luck. Will take a lot of hard work.

Re: New state Association [Re: Trapper Don] #4797606
12/15/14 06:36 AM
12/15/14 06:36 AM
NE, NC
B
Big Bear Wildlif Offline
trapper
Big Bear Wildlif  Offline
trapper
B

NE, NC
Glad to hear it finally happened Don. We would be interested as I stated in the past, of doing a joint Seminar. Keep Ct. in mind. Good Luck.

Be Green, Buy Fur.
NE- NC
Re: New state Association [Re: Trapper Don] #4797705
12/15/14 08:44 AM
12/15/14 08:44 AM
massachusetts
S
swampdonkey Offline
trapper
swampdonkey  Offline
trapper
S

massachusetts
This is cool Don ...Please keep Jackie and I posted ...and if there is anything we can do to help. give me a call..Hoping things pan out & will be passing the word along...

Joe Robidoux
Re: New state Association [Re: Trapper Don] #4844836
01/08/15 12:24 PM
01/08/15 12:24 PM
Mass.
T
Trapper Don Offline OP
trapper
Trapper Don  Offline OP
trapper
T

Mass.
I was wondering if anyone has copies of Bylaws for state associations? We are at that point in forming our association now. We have the old MAPAC bylaws and several others and are looking for some more for ideas. If anyone has some and is willing to share please send a copy to me at don.iwc2011@gmail.com.
Thank you
Don LaFountain

PS any other thoughts would be good also.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread