ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Rollins Inc. #4791025
12/11/14 12:38 PM
12/11/14 12:38 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Rollins is not a national company; they are an international company that owns 10 other companies all over the world. The one we

are all familiar with is Orkin. ( A company we take business away from quite regularly ) I actually did an interview with them well

before I started my own company. You and I would be way better off working as a technician for Dave K than for Rollins. This is not

a company that I envy.

Ron, you asked us to argue about something else so this should do just fine.

Re: Rollins Inc. [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4791819
12/11/14 09:23 PM
12/11/14 09:23 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
They also own the company that bought the company that I used to work for. Talks a good game, but plays a small one. Almost every tech there hated the company.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: Rollins Inc. [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4792529
12/12/14 09:14 AM
12/12/14 09:14 AM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline
trapper
NV man  Offline
trapper
N

NV, USA
Was the certification post closed to responses??? Wow! I thought is was a very professional discussion/argument that pertains directly to what many of us do.

I would like my company to become national and stay within the WCO industry. I don't care for cleaning mouse dooky in basements... I think we should be able to consolidate WCO and include NEPA skills, consulting, pest control, and specialized wildlife management skills. A good business model with great employees (not techs I want professionals) who get paid accordingly ($50/hr) is my goal.

Thanks for the post on the Bussiness Coalition, I sent them my response yesterday...

Also, I agree NWCOA probably knows the Bussiness of WCO better than the Feds and their sister agency the HSUS. Is NWCOA open to having state level organizations and certifications? I would certainly be interested and would join. Coyotes in nv are probably a bit different than coons in Michigan...

I called 2 large company's about starting a franchise where i am. One didn't respond the other did and said the demographics wouldn't support the Bussiness. So far my Bussiness model is working and growing and fits the demographics nicely. Oh the benefits of being a locally led organization... Perhaps a franchise works for some, but not for me in WCO...

If I were to get a franchise I would look into something like anytime fitness or a sports bar. Those folks seem to be making some money. Perhaps I could combine the two? I'd drink a beer for that.

"Our nation's health is dependent on local industry and commerce."
Re: Rollins Inc. [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4792750
12/12/14 12:27 PM
12/12/14 12:27 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
NV, you don't want to get me going on NWCOA's state organizations. They got rid of them without even bothering to let their officers

know. NV's Wildlife, Pest Control, Fitness, and Sport's Bar, does have a nice ring to it.

Re: Rollins Inc. [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4793400
12/12/14 07:48 PM
12/12/14 07:48 PM
Virginia
Jaxjaguarss Offline
trapper
Jaxjaguarss  Offline
trapper

Virginia
They also own Trutech.

--Eddie

Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services, LLC