ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
what kind of referral deal do you guys work? #4787745
12/09/14 08:23 PM
12/09/14 08:23 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline OP
trapper
Throw Back  Offline OP
trapper
T

California
I am having a meeting with a PCO soon about referring me to people with wildlife. Do you guys give a kickback or just refer in exchange. How do you work multiple deals with companies?

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? [Re: Throw Back] #4787840
12/09/14 08:57 PM
12/09/14 08:57 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
If someone ask for a type of work I do not do I ref: them to someone I know. This same person ref; jobs to me that he does not do. It all work out in the end for both of us.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? [Re: Throw Back] #4787959
12/09/14 09:27 PM
12/09/14 09:27 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I don't I have 10 plus pc companies at any given time that may give my name out. If I am referred by someone. I refer back to them on mice, rats and insect jobs. or carpenters or roofers, I give their names out for large carp work. I have worked this way for many years.

Last edited by Jonesie; 12/09/14 09:29 PM.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? [Re: Throw Back] #4788330
12/09/14 11:22 PM
12/09/14 11:22 PM
Florida
B
bjansma Offline
trapper
bjansma  Offline
trapper
B

Florida
I do give a referral. I am newer and want to establish myself.

I did have an interesting conversation with an owner of a pest control company today. It opened my eyes to something. They send me a lot of work. I send them $25 at a time. I said I know the checks are small but I hope they express my gratitude...

He said "make no mistake he needs me. What happens when one of his customers has a wildlife issue. If he doesnt have a good wildlife guy to refer to he forces his customers to head to the internet where they might come up with a wildlife guy that also does bugs and he runs the risk of losing the customer."

If you can spin it that way to a couple of bug only guys I think you will have something.

One thing I like about sending money is that is the deal. I don't owe them anything else. If I make a deal where we trade referrals how many deals can I make before its a one way street. I spread my referrals too thin and dont send them enough in return. They will find someone else. I spread my referrals around but they arent much in comparison to what I get.

Bob Jansma
Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? [Re: Throw Back] #4789549
12/10/14 05:13 PM
12/10/14 05:13 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline OP
trapper
Throw Back  Offline OP
trapper
T

California
Anyone else?

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? [Re: Throw Back] #4789579
12/10/14 05:39 PM
12/10/14 05:39 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
You are obviously referring to me. We do both animal and pest control. ( It took my college educated son to point out that they are

made for each other ) And that animal guys have the advantage. I personally don't feel that we owe the pest control business a

nickel. If anything, it's the other way around. I can recommend a dozen decent pest control companies. They can only recommend me.

A number of our pest control companies have hired "animal experts" in an attempt, I suppose, in recouping some of their loses. Thus

far, this has proven futile and only makes us look better. It took me 2 minutes to learn how to bait a mouse/rat box. It took me 60

years to properly handle large animals and I'm still learning. ( and for the last 46 years, this includes marriage )

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4817052
12/25/14 12:49 AM
12/25/14 12:49 AM
California
T
Throw Back Offline OP
trapper
Throw Back  Offline OP
trapper
T

California
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
You are obviously referring to me. We do both animal and pest control. ( It took my college educated son to point out that they are

made for each other ) And that animal guys have the advantage. I personally don't feel that we owe the pest control business a

nickel. If anything, it's the other way around. I can recommend a dozen decent pest control companies. They can only recommend me.

A number of our pest control companies have hired "animal experts" in an attempt, I suppose, in recouping some of their loses. Thus

far, this has proven futile and only makes us look better. It took me 2 minutes to learn how to bait a mouse/rat box. It took me 60

years to properly handle large animals and I'm still learning. ( and for the last 46 years, this includes marriage )

Paul, you have more guts than me, I would never call my wife a large animal!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread