ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Would Trapper Talk Be Better For This? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4792843
12/12/14 01:41 PM
12/12/14 01:41 PM
OH
Eric Arnold Offline
trapper
Eric Arnold  Offline
trapper

OH
Paul,

What animals do you have to put down?

Eric Arnold
Publishing Editor W.C.T. Magazine
Editor The Fur Taker Magazine
Re: Would Trapper Talk Be Better For This? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4793457
12/12/14 08:22 PM
12/12/14 08:22 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Saber-toothed tigers, T-Rexes, and pterodactyls, are the only things that come to mind. Oh yeah, black bears are not welcome in the

city of Milwaukee. This does not mean I can't kill almost everything I catch, it just means I don't have to.

The states like Minnesota that don't want you to "double dip" blow me away. Our DNR recommends throwing dead animals in the garbage.

This is because there is practically nothing in the garbage dump that makes more methane gas than dead animals. So the company that

you pay to collect your garbage, sucks out the gas, turns it into electricity and sells it back to you. Talk about double dipping!

I would complain but these waste management companies are also good customers. ( They can afford it )

Re: Would Trapper Talk Be Better For This? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4799115
12/15/14 10:02 PM
12/15/14 10:02 PM
Upstate, S.C.
C
Carcat Offline
trapper
Carcat  Offline
trapper
C

Upstate, S.C.
It is extremely hard to impact the commodity markets through volunteer agreements that individuals will reduce or cease production until prices go back up. It is probably illegal if done a certain way. The reality is that people will always "cheat" on such agreements. Even the oil producers cheat on OPEC. We have so-called trappers that steal from each other- would they agree to reduce what they send to market?

On the other hand, I think we could add some stability to the market if we were able to encourage domestic fur sales, but fashion is really hard to control, if not impossible. The best we can hope for is that some genius will discover a use for fur that doesn't require a woman to decide she looks good wearing it. Maybe we could get the pro football players to wear more, especially since Americans worship football.

But more to the point, I fleshed my first beaver skin last night and it was a (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) of a lot of work. I can't imagine how hard some of you trappers work putting up beavers and coons. At 57 years young, I could not begin to make money at trapping. To me it is a sport/hobby. I wish I could find young people around here who wanted to put up fur-- they are few and far between.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread